• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 20th January
zlCfzRZpTd4jIelKaS

Where am I...??
To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.
Not like the SSE, but a different type of story mode? The act of bringing up the specifics is suspicious to say the least. Curiouser and curiouser...

Tuesday, 21st January
zlCfzRZ5Itkr8LALmN

This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her.
Special Move names are always welcome, even on a special date.

Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.
Ah, memories... I recall those times of playing as "That Samus Guy" and giving my opponent plenty of Charge Shots to the face. :P

Wednesday, 22nd January
zlCfzRaG_FEBZb6Zop

There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.
Now we're talking. Being able to grab the ledge on top of other players? Especially if it works for tethers too, this is business.

Some other changes include:
-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.
The death of planking, to my understanding. Only those who have attempted recovery will have healthy amounts of invincibility, and quickly grabbing the ledge in an edgehog attempt or jumping on and off for the clean frames will be a thing of the past. The notice of "above or below 100% damage" assumingly refers to how characters would be more sluggish in their attacks and rolls when on a ledge at over 100%. Is this feature no more? Regardless, I want to see this in action, and soon.

Thursday, 23rd January
zlCfzRaU9wIFzH1x3W

This is definitely not a friendly girls night out...
Viridi, right where she belongs. She, along with Cragalanche, were referenced in comment to the few screens of this stage prior. Though Viridi is in sight, her place as being merely aesthetic to the background or as an actual interactive stage hazard remains unknown.

Friday, 24th January
zlCfzRahsfQTYMjdn-

When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
Mighty hilarious, I find this to be. I suppose the fact The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Links are in face of each other is already too much. xD

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with.

zlCfzRcUf78b7ntIim

Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

The reveal of Lucario! Usual taste of screens on his dojo page, go check 'em out. ;)

main.png

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 27th January
zlCfzRbcG9slWwZRhk

Rosalina's down special move, tentatively called the Gravitational Pull, sucks up items and weapons. Weapons will be disabled when using this move, of course. You have to shake the Wii Remote to perform this move in Super Mario Galaxy, but you won't need to do that in this game.
Another Monday pic with another Rosalina special move. Wiggling the cursor around her throws off projectiles and sucks in items in an act sure to surprise others.

Tuesday, 28th January
zlCfzRbqm-YISjyWM9

The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air.
Very fun looking. I wonder of how fast it travels, far it goes, high it lifts and the ease of escaping.

Wednesday, 29th January
zlCfzRb46DspQATxPJ

You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena.
Woah what a mighty fine stage. With no characters in sight, it makes it hard to tell where players will fight, how large the stage will be and whether the camera moves or not.

Thursday, 30th January
zlCfzRcHQO8dgkiUwm

Both Link and Pit use bows, but when they fire simultaneously, their arrows meet and cancel out closer to Pit. Besides attack power and projectile speed, there are many elements that affect tactics, such as accuracy, vulnerability after attacking, and even seemingly unrelated features like a character's physical abilities.
A lot more thought is put into balancing than may first appear. In this case, Pit's arrows seemingly launch at a pace slower than Link's, but are stronger.

Friday, 31st January
zlCfzRcUf78b7ntIim

Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with.

Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.
The reveal of veteran Lucario on a date nobody expected. Potentially stronger Aura is sure to please his players.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
My bro was glad too.
Now I'm a bit worried though. Does this mean there may not be as much new Characters as we hoped? If Lucario isn't replaced, then who are we not going to see for the rest of the roster?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Typical boring weekend, let's try something different. Click the pics for full resolution.

Obligatory solo pic. Take a gander at "the heroic Aura Pokémon" up close.

More defined Aura is evident. Here's the signature move of Lucario in Smash Brothers, his neutral special move, Aura Sphere.

Lucario's down smash, which actually seems to lack the Aura it did before. Could near-zero percentages see the removal of Aura in attacks? Sakurai did note the "influence" was greater, potentially meaning it goes both ways.

Yellow Devil again, this time with three players at his mercy. To go on a tangent, Mega Man appears to be doing an unfamiliar move in this screen. A forward punch is not a part of his known moveset, which is thought to have been complete. The angry expression on his face is also throwing off any previous idea.

Forever graceful.

Double Team remains Lucario's down special move, with distortion as heavy as ever.

Lucario has taken damage and it isn't going to get much better when that hammer comes-a whackin'.

This here is Lucario's sitting animation after tripping. I foresee Bananas in an upcoming Diddy Kong reveal.

The first of two 3DS screens, this one displaying ExtremeSpeed back as his up special move, taking place on the newly revealed Rainbow Road stage.

Obligatory 3DS solo pic. The down up taunt boasts greater Aura effects, as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom