• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Rosalina and Luma were just revealed to be playable. Our fourth newcomer and the first since e3, there are no images to speak of yet. Look at the beautiful trailer, however.

[video=youtube;pPdutb_6DZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdutb_6DZU[/video]

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This reveal was amazing, especially as a fan of Rosalina. Appearances since and including Galaxy have set her as one of my most influential Mario characters, especially with her playable status in 3D World. She is downright the best option for another Mario rep, if anybody at all. Bowser Jr? Pass. Toad? Blech. Waluigi? Erugh, but Rosalina? Holy hot damn, yes please. More than glad to see her inclusion.

Go explore Rosalina's dojo page, and don't forget to watch the trailer. May you shine ever brightly.

main.png

2q3bzeo.jpg

illust-modal.jpg

Last edited:
X

xThunderlane

I wonder how Rosalina will work, she obviously has a different gameplay mechanic with luma.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Sakurai is definitely stepping it up with his recent trailers. I didn't know it was a Smash Bros. reveal until it said Rosalina & Luna join the fight. Rosalina's definitely a character I'm looking forward to.

One minor complaint I have about the game right now is a fault every Smash Bros. shares. There are too many characters from lucrative franchises like Mario, while other important series like Metroid continue to only have one character represented.

Salem

SICK
One minor complaint I have about the game right now is a fault every Smash Bros. shares. There are too many characters from lucrative franchises like Mario, while other important series like Metroid continue to only have one character represented.
Some franchises don't have a lot viable characters.

Salem

SICK
That's no excuse for 25+ year franchises like Metroid with a large array of possibilities.
Well then each franchise needs to be looked at a case-by-case basis. Metroid for example I can't see any viable characters for smash brothers, but I dunno really. Kid Icarus, yeah definitely 2 more reps. F-Zero, yeah but who?;P There's a lot of characters. and so on and so forth.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
For series such as Yoshi or F-Zero, it is entirely true there are not new viable characters. The inclusion of, say, Baby Mario or Kamek for the former, and Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh or Blood Falcon for the latter would be extremely forced; only for the sake of including another playable in neglected series. At what point do we stop? If so-and-so character were to get in for practically no reason, fans would jump on board and get the idea that it is now “fair” for another weak-arse to come up as playable status, and continue onwards from there. This is not the way to go.

Using a portion of Brawl as an example, look at three of the series that went from one representation in Melee to a greater number in its successor. Donkey Kong gained his pal Diddy Kong, Kirby was met by two friend/foe comrades Meta Knight and King Dedede, and Lucas joined Ness as Earthbound/Mother series major protagonists. Do you get the impression that any of these characters were thrown in for no reason other than a boost in numbers? Can this even be said for any character of the game?

It is easily accurate in saying to lean towards the lesser represented series when looking for newcomers, but it should not get to the point of getting forced, just because we “have” to add more. There’s a reason three of the four newcomers revealed so far have been from new franchises, the cast of returning series is getting strict for new arrivals. It ruins the cherishment of the roster to willy-nilly throw in a trend of a character from a single title of a big series.

It’s a manifest to the mind, and it’s easy to overcome reason when a person desires a single character so much simply for being them. The element of assist trophies is there for a reason. Space in the roster is limited; prioritise.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 16th December
zlCfzRQG3JEm9o8QhW

Uh-oh, someone's observing from afar. That's no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background.
I can picture the chaos already. Yellow Devil will make this the Port Town Aero Dive of SSB4. Just as people shout that the cars are approaching, the intimidating landing of the Yellow Devil will strike fear.

Tuesday, 17th December
zlCfzRQVppAGxvfFtE

In the train stage, the rear car can change during battle. It'll detach and move backward, so be careful! This pic features the Linebeck Trading Company, which is being transported for some reason.
This stage is getting real busy. Sakurai hints at other carriages appearing, which makes me wonder of how many cameos will be present.

Wednesday, 18th December
zlCfzRQikEE84dAtWt

N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't wanna miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?
Of course, you all know what was ahead.

Without further ado, a new fighter from a faraway galaxy joins the battle! The video is also a must-see!

[video=youtube;pPdutb_6DZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdutb_6DZU[/video]

Thursday, 19th December
zlCfzRQvSJoCrqnSVJ

Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!
How Luma are controlled along with Rosalina is sure to be interesting, whether separate to leave her vulnerable or together in duplicating actions. Range between the two is probably limited, and a close Luma will still cause larger reach in a selection Rosalina's attacks, as well as a greater combined power.

Friday, 20th December
zlCfzRQ7OwwvDic5vU

A Luma becomes a star. Lumas are tough, but can also be blown away. Luckily, there's an infinite number of them.
Although Luma can take some punishment, how disposable they are in terms of rarity and ease of spawning is yet known.

Of course with new characters comes plenty of screens starring them. 9 Wii U screens and 1 3DS screen as showcased on Rosalina & Luma's page on the SSB site, along with the "real pic of the day" seen on its main page on Wednesday following the reveal in the Nintendo Direct.

Wii U screens

3DS screen

Wednesday Real Pic of the Day

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Zelda has just been revealed for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

main.png

She returns as a veteran from Melee and Brawl, sporting a design inspired from Twilight Princess.

Pic of the day. To celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in Japan, Zelda joins the battle!! It's great to see so many female characters this time around.

zlCfzRSevj8f2iLDIn

Thoughts?

screen-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom