• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
There have been some news posts on IGN stating hat the Wii U version of this game could release as soon as Spring 2014. While I'd like to play the game sooner rather than later, I'd prefer if both versions of the game released at the same time. Sakurai hasn't mentioned any development issues with the 3DS version since his Ice Climbers comment, however, so hopefully everything is progressing nicely.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Spring 2014 sounds way too early. It was mentioned during the time of E3 that the two games may not release at the same time, and should that be the case, I'd be fine with it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Spring 2014 sounds way too early. It was mentioned during the time of E3 that the two games may not release at the same time, and should that be the case, I'd be fine with it.

Yeah, a Nintendo representative commented that the speculation was a result of a mistranslation.

Source

I wasn't expecting it before November, to be honest. I'll have hours of Mario Kart 8 to tide me over before then.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Even the thought or suggestion of being able to play this game in less than 6 months from now sounds terribly wrong. In terms of patience, a release date of any time next year sounds bearable, for not only do we have daily updates, other games such as Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will be coming out before to entertain us. I'm going to be patient with this one; It's going to be the game I dedicate an outrageous amount of time to.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 9th December
zlCfzROD4Wg3mFR0mg

Q: "Is this a Steel Diver?" A: "Yes, indeed, that is a Steel Diver." The sub from Steel Diver is now a cute projectile weapon--it launches torpedoes that fly slowly at first.
Cool new item. From the description, it sounds to function like Samus' Super Missiles in terms of acceleration and speed.

Tuesday, 10th December
zlCfzROKSSEXv8oIyp

There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break.
This probably means stronger shield damage on a lower charge of Marth's neutral special move. Also of notable worth is the new stars that appear when dizzy. Fighters may still flash red, although this cannot be told from the still screen.

Wednesday, 11th December
zlCfzROhHv0eGqAZdh

Yar, I wants to watch some o' that Smash action, too, ye great beast!
Presumably a new stage originating from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Kapp'n appears on the dock, just as plenty of other characters feature in the background of other Animal Crossing stages.

Thursday, 12th December
zlCfzRO2glkLI6yAW1

Dismantle! Unite!! Yellow Devil!!!
That... is the most awesome stage element I've ever seen. Seems a little intrusive for a stage hazard though, taking up an outrageous amount of floor space. There's potential it is still another feature in the game, maybe...

Friday, 13th December
zlCfzRPHyVcHzMfS47

The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face.
I can say I prefer the Labrador Retriever, but yes, this brings on a smile. As the second revealed assist trophy, it is the first of those returning, though modified. It gives the impression that assist trophy characters are to the likes of the pokeball item between iterations, where some may have their moves given to others or ditched entirely.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Nintendogs is right up there with Reseti as most annoying "assist" trophies.

That's the entire point. :lol: Mr. Resetti is the more annoying to me, as he is not adorable and lasts five times longer. There has been useless Pokeball Pokemon, and this is meant to be the equivalent. It brings an unexpected sense of hilarity, I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom