• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Salem

SICK
What about Rayman? D:
Rayman gets a pass cause he's supposed to be weird and wacky, while the miis I assume are supposed to be normal humans? I can live with disproportionally large heads and stuff but the the weird disconnected hands? NOPE.:)

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sakurai is getting fast at these reveals. Now we have Sonic confirmed!

main.png

A REAL pic of the day. Our guest, Sonic the Hedgehog, joins the battle! We also released a short video clip.

zlCfzRJH1JclhLY-9B

Our first footage since E3!

[video=youtube;yNK-zBscUUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNK-zBscUUk[/video]

Even though I'm not much into Sonic anymore, seeing him again in SSB4 is still pretty cool to me. I'm now sold in seeing him, Mario, and Mega Man duking it out on who's the better company mascot. XD

Fig

The Altruist
I'm so happy to see my favorite blue hedgehog come back to Smash Bros 4! Now we can have a legit battle between The Blue Blur Vs The Blue Bomber! :lol:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

So pumped... For Sonic... And Megaman... And SSB4 Link...

All of my yes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm glad to have Sonikku back on board, but something is off about his design. Seems like a mix between Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic...which just doesn't ring right with me. Q_Q

Dan

I'm glad to have Sonikku back on board, but something is off about his design. Seems like a mix between Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic...which just doesn't ring right with me. Q_Q

He looks like modern sonic to me. I guess there's going to be a stage from sonic lost world for sure now.

Eff me, why Toon Link? I much prefer Young Link; he's stronger and really just better as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention I prefer his voice. :/

But oh well. Next up, maybe Zelda? xD

Not to mention way more attractive and handsome. Oh well I'm sure the modding community will at some point make a skin.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Sonic... Yaaaaay... I'm sorry I'm not that big of a fan. Now the confirmation of Toon Link... MMMMMMMMM,M HELL YES. Toon Link has always been one of my mains in Brawl. I'm so happy to see him back.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Was I the only one who was kinda hoping to see ALBW Link in this game to fill the 'young link' quota? I mean, don't get me wrong; I love toon Link and all, but I was hoping to see something different from brawl.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Was I the only one who was kinda hoping to see ALBW Link in this game to fill the 'young link' quota? I mean, don't get me wrong; I love toon Link and all, but I was hoping to see something different from brawl.

I just wanted Young Link from Melee to return...I am not a fan of Toon Link at all. Q_Q

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I just wanted Young Link from Melee to return...I am not a fan of Toon Link at all. Q_Q

^Young Link from Melee is a lot stronger than Toon Link from Brawl too.

It's a shame because with OoT 3D, it would have been an appropriate time to revisit Young Link, but it seems Toon Link has greater games with a cel-shaded trilogy and the more recent release of TWWHD.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

Young Link is "stronger" because he essentially has been luigified through the form of Toon Link. This makes him weaker by comparison. It's not a reason that can argue Young Link's return, because I can guarantee he would be weaker to the extent of Toon Link in order to differentiate him from the Adult Link more.

In a moral sense of the characters, I'm with Mercedes, in that the diversity of an Adult Link being paired with an entirely different younger incarnation is better than having two "variations" of the literal same character at different ages.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Most characters in Melee are stronger than Brawl variants, however, it's important to note that it is essentially comparing apples to oranges due to Melee and Brawl's drastically different physics. It really just comes down to personal like/dislike for me.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
In a moral sense of the characters, I'm with Mercedes, in that the diversity of an Adult Link being paired with an entirely different younger incarnation is better than having two "variations" of the literal same character at different ages.

That wouldn't be a problem since SSB4 is using Skyward Sword Link instead of a Link directly descendant to OoT's .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom