• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
So there's gonna be two Toon Links in this game. lol, nice Sakurai. XD

I wonder how long it will take before we get images of TWW Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage. I put money on tomorrow. xD When that happens, it'll only be a matter of minutes until somebody puts a caption on ST Link with "Grandfather!?" :lol:

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Sakurai probably picked Toon Link again for two reasons:

1) WW HD

2) It might also have to do with Zelda Wii U

why do I say number 2 you ask? Well, take a look at this picture:

toonlink-03.jpg

Notice that there is un-familiar island that has never been seen before? What could that island be? Plus if you look directly at Link's belt, it has two lines. You should also notice that Toon Link seems a bit more mature this time around. Also, it is rumored that if you beat WW HD Hero Mode 100%, you get a sneak of Zelda Wii U. Could Zelda Wii U really be another direct (or another in-direct like ST) sequel to WW, much like PH? Is it possible that we're seeing of Toon Link in SSB4 is a glimpse of what to expect of Zelda Wii U?

Edit: Well, it turns out, after awhile of looking at the picture, I realized that the island is actually from Wii Sports Resort. When I realized this, I felt kind of stupid for not noticing that in the first place and I pretty was very upset that it nothing to do with Zelda Wii U. Also, what is the island from Wii Sports Resort doing in SSB4 anyways? Is there going a playable Mii Character? Or better yet, are players going be able play as their Mii Characters?

Edit#2: While, it is still possible that Zelda Wii U could be another adult timeline game and appearance of Toon Link's return could relate to that, I only the crossed out the stuff I said about the island.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
No!!!

With Ocarina of Time 3D, this was a chance for Sakurai to bring back Young Link. He was much more powerful in Melee than Toon Link was in Brawl.

Quit talking rubbish, mate! We all know Toon Link is the better of the two. :rolleyes:

Also, what is the island from Wii Sports Resort doing in SSB4 anyways? Is there going a playable Mii Character? Or better yet, are players going be able play as their Mii Characters?

Why can't there be a stage from several games in Nintendo's recent history? Wuhu Island is honestly something I thought was expected, especially since it made an appearance in Mario Kart 7.

Also, stages don't need to be from a playable character series to be featured in a game. Brawl has Hanenbow, Pictochat and Smashville.

I sure hope Miis aren't playable...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Eff me, why Toon Link? I much prefer Young Link; he's stronger and really just better as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention I prefer his voice. :/

But oh well. Next up, maybe Zelda? xD

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Toon Link is so cuuuuute. <3 I loved Toon Link. I liked the variety of Adult Link and Toon Link more than Adult and Child Link, he's a lot more different and I like it.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Why can't there be a stage from several games in Nintendo's recent history? Wuhu Island is honestly something I thought was expected, especially since it made an appearance in Mario Kart 7.

Also, stages don't need to be from a playable character series to be featured in a game. Brawl has Hanenbow, Pictochat and Smashville.

I sure hope Miis aren't playable...

Same here. I don't even care about the Miis. Whenever there's a game that makes you play as Miis, I don't even bother with them and just play as characters I give more of a crap about.

What's wrong with playing as a Mii Character or even your own Mii Character? Wouldn't you want to play as yourself, a character you came with, or a character from another game or franchise would not be in SSB4?

Salem

SICK
What's wrong with playing as a Mii Character or even your own Mii Character? Wouldn't you want to play as yourself, a character you came with, or a character from another game or franchise would not be in SSB4?
Some people just don't like Miis, it's that simple.

Me, I don't like them because sometimes they don't have limps, I don't like that.

Eff me, why Toon Link? I much prefer Young Link; he's stronger and really just better as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention I prefer his voice. :/

As much as I like both Toon Link and Young Link (yes, I admit it), seeing Toon Link in SSB4 sorta makes sense thanks to WWHD's physical release coming out next week. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Young Link return because I enjoy playing as him in Melee. He was one of my mains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom