• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Kinda expecting Luigi to be in Super Smash bros since he's been in every single one so far so it's not really something to get too hyped up over. I presume like always he will be unlockable.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Smash Bros.' Sakurai discusses the 'pain' of modern game development - Polygon

Oftentimes I'm asked by the overseas media if I feel any pressure when making a title like Smash Bros. Like I've written before, on a personal level, I don't feel anything like pressure. It's really fun work. Sometimes you have to resign yourself to the fact that things will work out the way they're meant to work out. But you need to funnel your regrets to the next project and work as hard as you can on that. The pain goes away, but your work always remains.

Interesting, interesting...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sakurai doesn't feel pressure? Damn. He must be a grezt guy at his very core. I wish I could be like him!

But I really hope his condition can be treated soon. I hate to hear of that pain :/

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Article on Nintendo Everything about an interview with GamesTM, Sakurai talks Smash Bros. visual design, says images of 3DS version “look fine” but don’t do the game justice.

...And the same thing with the Wii U screen – since we’re an HD-compatible console, we’re able to do more details, and bigger stages as seen on previous home consoles. Now of course, I want to point out that everything on 3DS is designed for that screen, and that’s where they look the best. It’s unfortunate we can’t show everyone what it looks like on 3DS, rather than screenshots, while they do look fine, do not do that justice once you see it on the system. Too bad we can’t show everybody what it looks like on the system.

I think it's completely understandable. Can't wait to see game footage on the actual 3DS system. Really want a downloadable trailer like we've had for other games, though... He wants to do the game justice as soon as possible? I reckon that's the way to do it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think it's completely understandable. Can't wait to see game footage on the actual 3DS system. Really want a downloadable trailer like we've had for other games, though... He wants to do the game justice as soon as possible? I reckon that's the way to do it.

Or a playable build would do us justice...I mean, it's only logical that he'd release a demo!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
2133uht.jpg

So that's how it's done. Is that island in the background what I think it is? O_O

Fig

The Altruist
This is by far the most intense thing I have ever seen within the Super Smash Bros universe! As for me, why not we have both of them? That would truly be epic to see! X3

1011738_225755944248271_40899763_n.jpg

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Pic of the day.
Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…

wuqwpv.jpg

That stage looks so good. :clap: Ridley stage hazard confirmed? Or perhaps a hint at something more...

What I do wonder is what music will play on this stage. Other M "music"? I can't imagine.

Salem

SICK
That stage looks so good. :clap: Ridley stage hazard confirmed? Or perhaps a hint at something more...

What I do wonder is what music will play on this stage. Other M "music"? I can't imagine.
This stage isn't fair for those who play as Samus, she might momentarily freeze whenever Ridley shows up.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This stage isn't fair for those who play as Samus, she might momentarily freeze whenever Ridley shows up.

lmfao. Ridley for Hard Counter against Samus.

Now I'm picturing this on the stage.

[video=youtube;90f9wfZKF9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90f9wfZKF9o[/video]

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
What game would this be from?

Pilotwings on SNES.

[video=youtube;0DdZ63cadRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdZ63cadRs[/video]

PilotwingsMapLesson03.png

It has only been shown in two screens so far, the first being this one.

Wuhu Island is in the background, but it's unknown yet whether the biplane will fly to it or not.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Outlines can be removed, that's great, but more importantly are those hideous shadows. ;p

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Outlines can be removed, that's great, but more importantly are those hideous shadows. ;p

Yeah, the Wii U game looks closer to completion compared to the 3DS title. Maybe it's because SSB4WU has an existing engine to work from (that being Brawl). I wouldn't be surprised if they release at different times.

Still waiting on an Olimar 3DS screen...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom