• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 For Wii U

Would you want Nintendo to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U?

• Yes, absolutely the first 2 were amazing and the HD would be groundbreaking!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Super Mario Galaxy is being overused.

• I don't really care.

• Total voters

Roy

Do you think Nintendo should make a 3rd? would you buy it? What are your reactions to the HD?

My opinion: Yes
Yes
I think the HD would be amazing with all of the new worlds that would be introduced and it would be one of the best looking Wii U games (along with the Legend of Zelda Nintendo showed last year at E3) throughout the systems lifespan Like Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 were for the Wii. Overall I really hope Nintendo makes a Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U.
I really do hope this thread becomes popular because the more the popular a game is, the more interested the developer.

Last edited:

Dan

Yes I believe they should. There is so much fun to be had in the galaxy again. Seeing it all with spiced up graphics will be fantastic.
I love the different possible worlds in mario galaxy and it's definitely one of my favorite series of games.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, lol, I responded to a similar thread at Zelda Eternity.

Yes, I'd like to see it become a trilogy. It'd be really cool to see SMG's graphics in dat sexy 1080p and a new control scheme with the Wii U GamePad. And there'd be a perfect title for it: Super Mario Universe. :right: :lol:

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is the worst idea ever.

In the backwards world, of course. The Wii U can totally use some of those great games. Just hit me up with those sexy 1080p HD graphics without noticeable jaggies, give me some great gameplay (and a two player adventure, at that), and you got yourself a deal. Maybe keep the price tag at $50 instead of going up to $60 or $70! xD

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I enjoyed playing the first two Super Mario Galaxies, and would certainly enjoying playing a third one. It would be interesting to see what Nintendo does with the second interactive face (the game pad). So yes, I would definitely want a Super Mario Galaxy 3 on the Wii U.

I want Nintendo to create an entirely new and original Mario experience for the Wii U. The two Super Mario Galaxy games felt tailored to the Wii hardware and seeing a 3D platformer take advantage of the Wii U's bells and whistles would stupendous. HD would look great of course but let's not get ahead of ourselves and forget that it's merely the cherry on top.

Super Mario Universe. :right: :lol:

Brilliant.

Anyways, I'd say no. I always envisioned the next 3D Mario as something by the name of Super Mario Kingdoms where Mario traverses different Kingdoms within the the world, but there are endless gameplay ideas and possibilities the series could pursue.

Dan

I want Nintendo to create an entirely new and original Mario experience for the Wii U. The two Super Mario Galaxy games felt tailored to the Wii hardware and seeing a 3D platformer take advantage of the Wii U's bells and whistles would stupendous. HD would look great of course but let's not get ahead of ourselves and forget that it's merely the cherry on top.

How the **** was it tailored to the Wii ?
It used very little motion controls. Imo the galaxy can of juice hasn't been emptied yet. The thing I like about galaxy is just how creative and strange the world can be.
One minute it's a kids bedroom the next a garden planet. The gravity gameplay is fun all around.

Super mario galaxy isn't being "overused" either. The new super mario bros is getting overused, the new games barely look any different to there predecessors.

It used very little motion controls. Imo the galaxy can of juice hasn't been emptied yet. The thing I like about galaxy is just how creative and strange the world can be.
One minute it's a kids bedroom the next a garden planet. The gravity gameplay is fun all around.

Super mario galaxy isn't being "overused" either. The new super mario bros is getting overused, the new games barely look any different to there predecessors.

Galaxy 2 built into the original with few compromises. Only the Ice Flower was removed from its predecessor although worlds were less spherical in nature. In fact, the second installment felt as though it perfectly blended 2D Mario with its 3D counterpart. And that's not even taking into account Yoshi, a giant Bowser, the spin drill, the Cloud Suit, and so much more. But do we really need such creativity butchered heading into the next generation? Making a second New Super Mario Bros. game was alright and cooperative play was accepted by the Mario community. Unfortunately, that gave Nintendo the idea to beat around the bush and pump out two more lazy installments. Super Mario 64 revolutionized gaming and didn't receive a sequel (although one was planned) and is all the better for that. It's by taking the franchise in new and exciting dimensions that Nintendo has ensured Mario remains on top.

Roy

I can agree to what Dan said about galaxy but the New Super Mario bros are adding many fun elements as each game comes out.

Galaxy 2 built into the original with few compromises. Only the Ice Flower was removed from its predecessor although worlds were less spherical in nature. In fact, the second installment felt as though it perfectly blended 2D Mario with its 3D counterpart. And that's not even taking into account Yoshi, a giant Bowser, the spin drill, the Cloud Suit, and so much more. But do we really need such creativity butchered heading into the next generation? Making a second New Super Mario Bros. game was alright and cooperative play was accepted by the Mario community. Unfortunately, that gave Nintendo the idea to beat around the bush and pump out two more lazy installments. Super Mario 64 revolutionized gaming and didn't receive a sequel (although one was planned) and is all the better for that. It's by taking the franchise in new and exciting dimensions that Nintendo has ensured Mario remains on top.

Mario galaxy is Mario 64 with extra gameplay possibilitys. Galaxy can be used again just change the levels. It is an ENTIRE galaxy, it doesn't have to be entirely spaced themed. Throwback galaxy you remember. So it should make sense now that Galaxy can be whatever it wants. Galaxy 3 can be built entirely new.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
n64 we had.....64,gamecube we had sunshine,and wii we had galaxies
for wii u,im more anticipating a new type of mario platformer other than a continuation of wii's galaxies [of course if they do make a galaxy 3,i'll buy it anyway]

Hanyou

didn't build that
This is the worst idea ever.

In the backwards world, of course. The Wii U can totally use some of those great games. Just hit me up with those sexy 1080p HD graphics without noticeable jaggies, give me some great gameplay (and a two player adventure, at that), and you got yourself a deal. Maybe keep the price tag at $50 instead of going up to $60 or $70! xD

I agree with this post, but I don't really care about the HD. Mario Galaxy's graphics were perfect as is.

I'd still like an open-world Mario game in the vein of Mario 64...one that spanned the whole mushroom kingdom and such. But heck, the Galaxy games are my favorite Mario games ever, so I'd jump at the chance to play a third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom