• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Sunbreak Title Update 5

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

And so we have a digital event on the way at last. I can't say I'm very happy about the timing. It's awfully late in the month. The update itself is either coming the day of the event or the following Wednesday. Either way it's dangerously close to Tears of the Kingdom for me. I will never finish with the update on time for that game. I'll have to put it down prematurely and that really bugs me. I really wanted this week where I'm on break to really dive in on it. I'm really bummed it's so late.

As far as the actual content, Amatsu is looking more and more like our final big fight. I would be happy with that if so. We return to Kamura, so it fits the setting. I just hope Selva and Paz are involved like they've been alluding to the past two updates. What would be ideal is if they made Amatsu as hard as Fatalis in Iceborne and gave you Selva and Paz as new followers. I hope we get weapon pendants back this update too. All in all, it's very likely the final update, so they better pack it as full as they possibly can.

The event is on a work day, as usual. Sigh. Guess we'll see what we're dealing with soon enough.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Digital event was good. Amatsu and Risen Shagaru were exactly as expected, but I'm happy. Amatsu is my favorite elder dragon and it looks like they're doing him amazing justice. He looks incredible. Anomaly research level cap to 300 was expected as well, but what wasn't expected were the special investigations which are basically just EX Deviants from GenU again which makes me very happy. God I wish this had come out at the beginning of the month. I will never finish this on time for TotK.

All in all, not a lot of new stuff but they really expanded well on what's already there. I got Amatsu and I got special investigations, so I'm happy. They revealed there's actually one more update coming in June, and that one will be the final one. It's probably gonna be a Malzeno variant. I just hope they make it one hell of a spectacle. I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased they're finally giving us some story cutscenes to go with these updates. Took 'em long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom