• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Sumo Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Anyone have any tips for sumo wrestling Gor Coron? I do fine against Mayor Bo, but then I get to him and it feels totally random. Half the time I can't grab him and the other half I never seem to dodge the right way. I assume it's probably just me, because...well, it usually is. (I have issues with controls.) I can't figure out a good strategy, though. I've played the game several times and each time I get past it I think it's probably just due to luck. I'd like to try to remedy that this time. Advice?

ETA: Btw, I'm playing the Wii version, in case that helps.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If I recall correctly, the trick is that you have to let him push you close to an edge, circle around him, slap him around a bit, and then shove him off the edge.

The main trick is to incorporate a lot more slapping and sidestepping into your routine than you used with Mayor Bo. You need it to break his defenses, while with Bo it was unnecessary.

That worked about half the time for me, though I can't guarantee it will work for you. Still, you get unlimited tries.

As soon as it starts, first thing I do is dodge. Gor Coron always has as faster reaction time than I do, and that prevents him from pushing me around too soon. After that, it's easier to grab onto him when he's not paying attention.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Thanks everyone. I got past it...though it still make have been luck. On the other hand, I maneuvered him to the edge like Athenian said and then got lucky and when we did a chest bump (what I call it when we both grab at the same time and collide instead.) He lost his balance and went off the edge instead. Maybe that's just the trick. Kinda annoying, because I like the mini-game - just wish I was better at it. :right:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom