• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Studio Ghibli Might Stop Making Films

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Thankfully it looks like they aren't stopping forever, as it says in that article:
IGN said:
Update 2: An internal translation of the available information explains that the studio is taking a "small break" to reassess the situation.

I don't think we should give up hope just yet and even if the company Studio Ghibli shuts down as it is, the creative forces behind their many great and memorable movies will still be able to continue making movies through different studios. Even if Studio Ghibli one day just disappeared off the face of the earth, its legacy would live on through the inspiration its films have given to many past, present, and future filmmakers.

EDIT: Here's an article that better explains the situation: http://kotaku.com/studio-ghibli-is-not-dead-yet-1615520289?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Thread title depressed me.

Anyways because of the translation error, it's safe to assume they WILL continue to make movies, right? RIGHT??

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'm fine with this. Studio Ghibli has left a legacy, a huge footprint in the film industry. It has left us with many memories, and I feel that it has ended strongly. Rest in peace, Studio Ghibli, rest in peace.

I hate to see them go. They're the only anime studio I like because I consider them to be the Japanese equivalent to Disney. Their movies were so good, but now the studio will be gone soon. :(

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I will sorely miss them :( I almost have their entire collection and was always looking forward to whatever they would come up with next. I agree with the description that they are the Disney of Animé. Really high quality stories, character and animation :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom