• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Strange Happenings in Hyrule?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
So I'm minding my own business in the SB when i read something Mandy said "can we talk about the Zoras Contaminating the water" or something along those lines! I dont recall seeing any restrooms in a Zora Village, Kinda gross and makes me not wanna swim in the Lake anymore!

What other type of things have come to mind while you play Zelda? No matter how silly it is, Cuz the Zora conversation was REALLY funny!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Some generally weird shizzle is that girl who stood by the stump where the punk kid was at. Like, she's just sitting there with this creepy smile, and she tells you about how he became a stalfos (presumably). IDK about anyone else but i think that was pretty strange - and creepy.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Some generally weird shizzle is that girl who stood by the stump where the punk kid was at. Like, she's just sitting there with this creepy smile, and she tells you about how he became a stalfos (presumably). IDK about anyone else but i think that was pretty strange - and creepy.

yeah, like..... she was just there all willy nilly wut up wit dat!

Big Octo

=^)
I've often wondered that, if Gorons eat rocks, how long will it be before Death Mountain is completely eaten, and then they extend their dining endeavors to Hyrule? Will this be seen as a form of environmental issue in a Zelda game that takes place further into the future? Will the Gorons be nearly wiped out in a genocide caused by tree-hugging extremists? Have I been dreaming too hard lately?

Also, the Zora's supposedly "evolved" into Ritos. Well, this doesn't make much sense to me at all. By Natural Selection, the Zora's would survive the flood and thrive, as they are adapted to the ocean environment. But no, bird-like traits are selected for. To make matters worse, they are given wings. How much more backwards can the ecology of Hyrule be?

Salem

SICK
How do gorons reproduce?

Where do the Kokiri come from? There are no adults and they stay children forever.(although according to the developers, a new generation appears suddenly and the old one disappears suddenly or something)

Gerudo?????????

Salem

SICK
There's a Gossip Stone in Castle Town that says Gerudo will occasionally come to the Market to look for "boyfriends..." I think you can figure this one out on your own.
But that still leaves more questions than answers.....

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Also, the Zora's supposedly "evolved" into Ritos. Well, this doesn't make much sense to me at all. By Natural Selection, the Zora's would survive the flood and thrive, as they are adapted to the ocean environment. But no, bird-like traits are selected for. To make matters worse, they are given wings. How much more backwards can the ecology of Hyrule be?
Maybe they can't live in salt water? This is supported by the fact that we always see zoras in river/lake areas instead of ocean ones. And there are plenty of real world creatures that live in fresh water, but not salt water.

Sroa, I don't see how that leaves more questions than answers. They hook up with male hylians to maintain a population, they can't rely on their single male entirely. Think about the legends of the Amazon warrior women, it's very similar. Apparently there was an all female tribe called the Amazons that lived in ancient Greece. Every now and then they would go on romantic romps with Greek men. If the resulting child was female, they kept her. If it was male, they sent him back to his father. So the gerudos do pretty much the same thing, only they don't have the 50/50 chance to whether they keep the kid or not.

Salem

SICK
Sroa, I don't see how that leaves more questions than answers. They hook up with male hylians to maintain a population, they can't rely on their single male entirely. Think about the legends of the Amazon warrior women, it's very similar. Apparently there was an all female tribe called the Amazons that lived in ancient Greece. Every now and then they would go on romantic romps with Greek men. If the resulting child was female, they kept her. If it was male, they sent him back to his father. So the gerudos do pretty much the same thing, only they don't have the 50/50 chance to whether they keep the kid or not.
SO the chances of male child with a Hylian and Gerudo is always female unless the 100 year quota of male? But then why does there seems to be antagonism between the two races since that mean nearly all Gerudo would have Hylian blood. Wouldn't integrating them into Hylian society in easy that way?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I've often wondered that, if Gorons eat rocks, how long will it be before Death Mountain is completely eaten, and then they extend their dining endeavors to Hyrule?

tell me my mind is in the gutter but thats not the question i would be asking when thinking about them eating rock! Digestion has to be tough on them?

Where do the Kokiri come from?

This is just hard to think about without feeling like a creeper!

*on a serious note, Sroa and Draco are blowing my mind, too serious, i will not allow it in my thread! LOL J/K

Big Octo

=^)
Maybe they can't live in salt water? This is supported by the fact that we always see zoras in river/lake areas instead of ocean ones. And there are plenty of real world creatures that live in fresh water, but not salt water.

They can survive in the ocean in Majora's Mask. If this is going to be disregarded by the fact that Termina is a parallel world, then there are still the Zoras in Labrynna that dwell in the ocean. Other than that, they are often referred to as Sea Zoras when differentiating between the hostile type, implying that they can all survive in salt water.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
They can survive in the ocean in Majora's Mask. If this is going to be disregarded by the fact that Termina is a parallel world, then there are still the Zoras in Labrynna that dwell in the ocean. Other than that, they are often referred to as Sea Zoras when differentiating between the hostile type, implying that they can all survive in salt water.

yeah good point, maybe chuck this one up to timeline technicality. Cuz in the child time line, they adapt to salt water. While in adult timeline they somehow evolved into sky people? i never understood that either but what ever! Cuz in the Defeated timeline there are a whole Tribe of Zoras who obviously pussed out and sided with Ganon after OoT cuz they got all ugly and spit fire at you, but with the OoX games there are still peaceful Zoras who live almost strictly under water unlike in other games! But my point is meant to point out that a race is divided. pretty interesting stuff really!

That being said, the more i think about the Defeated timeline, and as much as i hated the whole "Link is defeated by the Demon King" thing at first, I'm starting to realize that when you look at the time line as a whole, the story is quite stellar! Really doing a better job than the other time lines at keeping a complete story going however it seems that will change with ALBW, the again WW got a whole trilogy...Kinda, i guess with ST being kinda like what im expecting ALBW to be.

Last edited:

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
'But if a man and Zora get married, where do we draw the line?'

Oh Hyrule, you never cease to amaze me, I think the fact that every incarnation of the Postman can teleport is quite odd, especially in TP as he can even tell who you are when you are a wolf with an imp-thing on your back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom