• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
17073281079386968265014103362004.jpg

Just completed reading the latest volume released and I can't wait for the next volume to be released! I've saved up 800 INR for it till now.

Even if you're not into anime and manga, you should definitely give this a go. It has two seasons released adapting the first 8 volumes.
I'm planning to write a blog about this manga when I'm free.

For starters, absolutely epic characters. You couldn't say any character didn't fit in. Everything was

If anyone's planning a watch party, Hmu! I'm planning to rewatch it again!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I didn't initially watch it when it first came out, because I couldn't accept the concept of Norsemen speaking fluent Japanese.

English is a bit more believable, ideally Danish, and I just have to accept that nobody wants to hear them speak Old Norse.

The manga is better than the anime, in my opinion. I think it's paced better, and there's more historical references.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I didn't initially watch it when it first came out, because I couldn't accept the concept of Norsemen speaking fluent Japanese.

English is a bit more believable, ideally Danish, and I just have to accept that nobody wants to hear them speak Old Norse.

The manga is better than the anime, in my opinion. I think it's paced better, and there's more historical references.
I think the VAs did a phenomenal job. One of the reason I gave the show a 10/10.
That never really seemed like an issue to me. :suspicious: If you think about it, many popular anime don't take place in Japan like Berserk, AoT, Kuroshitsuji, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
vgf997in71c91.jpg

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I think the VAs did a phenomenal job. One of the reason I gave the show a 10/10.
That never really seemed like an issue to me. :suspicious: If you think about it, many popular anime don't take place in Japan like Berserk, AoT, Kuroshitsuji, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
View attachment 73871
They did, but sadly, not many talented voice actors also speak Old Norse.

That's just where my brain comes from.

I'm also a massive Medieval European history buff, which may explain a lot of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom