• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Stepping Away From A Classic Zelda Feel?

S

Shabalabadoo

With Skyward Sword coming this year, it's been seeming to be like new things to the legend of Zelda series are all over. The Legend of Zelda originally was this big world with so many things to explore, but it had a very magical side, which is what made such great games. The magical, and somewhat mythological side of Zelda seems to be fading away in my opinion. Yeah sure, some creature saves link from falling from a city in the sky, but that's not really the magical side that has that classic Zelda feel. A kid in a green hat trying to help a princess in distress and a land that has nothing around it has always been...well, the legend of Zelda! Lots of the newer games are wildly different if you ask me.

What do you think? Has zelda lost that feel and changed into something new?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, it definitely doesn't have the magic that LoZ through OoT had. Starting with MM I think, Zelda has started to get "industrialized". MM had the huge clocks and the lightshows in Clock Town, then TWW came along with the boats, TP was pretty much a realistic Zelda, and ST has trains. Skyward Sword looks like it's kinda coming back to roots with the magical elements, although I do miss the Magic Bar like crazy.

But overall, I think Zelda is still the same game because the dungeons still give me puzzles and the enemies are fun to fight, plus we can still make up our own challenges that are hard, but not unbearably hard. xD

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
Well..i think we need to realize that sadly Nintendo has to keep up with the times.
It's a rat race to see who can out do the other via graphics and things like that.
I actualy dont mind the new way of doing things. No matter what we will all have a special place in our
hearts for the original designs and feel of the classic Zelda games.
It's just the way the market works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom