• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starcraft Remastered

If this is all 6 campaigns and that sweet Brood Wars multiplayer, then this is a must have, even for people who suck at RTS games like myself. I am totally hyped for this.

What do you think?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Why not? I mean Starcraft is already considered a timeless classic and as far as some are concerned it's video game perfection with a fanbase, community and competition circuit that hasn't waned to this day. Heck, it pioneered e-sports before e-sports was even a thing.

So in the complete absence of new ideas and original concepts why not grace the world with the most irrelevant "remaster" conceivable?
(of course they call it a remaster it's really just blatant nostalgia bait and they know it's an easy sell to fanboys because of course they'll buy it...)
(ps way to not be one of those fanboys DoomDash)

sell to fanboys
So you're saying clone EA's sales techniques? Keep milking that cash cow.

Why not? I mean Starcraft is already considered a timeless classic and as far as some are concerned it's video game perfection with a fanbase, community and competition circuit that hasn't waned to this day. Heck, it pioneered e-sports before e-sports was even a thing.
This has already been done no the SC2 arcade. And it's not perfect because of the limitations of the SC2 Map Editor. But this fan made SC1 in the SC2 engine is quite good actually. Blizzard is just taking this to the next level and keeping the SC1 mechanics and pathing in. Just adding fresh paint, voices, resolutions and sparkles.

The fanbois and fangurls will milk that Blizzard cash cow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom