• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Squad ZD: Yet ANOTHER ZD Fan Fiction

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 4 ~ It’s On Like Donkey Kong

“Hey Ari!” a voice shouted as squad one made their way through the village market. Ari turned around and happily noticed Snow running towards them to catch up.
“Ari!” she repeated. “Mases-sensai was looking for you guys. He says he has a last minute assignment for us today.”
“Ah, man...” Terminus started. “I was really hoping we would be able to chill today.”
“Not sure what it’s about, but follow me! He wants us to gather at the training grounds again.” Snow explained, running in the opposite direction.
Ari looked at Pendio and Terminus and shrugged her shoulders.
“Guess we oughta go,” she said.

Mases-sensai stood on the meeting house steps as squad one made their way towards the rest of the squads gathered in front of him.
“Thank you for coming, guys. I apologize for this being on such short notice.” he spoke.
“Yeah, yeah, get to the point,” Ayano *****ed.
“Now, today will test your strength and ability,” Mases explained.
“Just like every other assignment?” Canary commented to herself.
“But today we will be focusing on our abilities. Today’s assignment is simply this: You will be having a duel with someone who has a similar ability to you. For example, an elemental magic user will be dueling against someone who uses elemental magic. Another example would be a weapon user fighting against another squad member who uses weapons.”
“Ah, sounds pretty neat,” King said.
“I will not tolerate any foul language during the duels, especially from the audience,” Mases explained.
“Audience?” Azure Sage spoke up.
“Yes, we will do each duel one at a time, and the rest of us will watch it. I’ll judge who wins. And remember, this isn’t about competition, it’s about improving and honing our strengths.”
Everyone nodded.
“I already have the first two who will be dueling written on my note card,” Mases said, pulling a square piece of paper out of his pocket. “The first two will be King versus Azure Sage. Everyone follow me to the dueling ground!”
The dueling ground was close to the meeting house. It was only about a few feet behind it. There were tall lights in a circle around the grounds, similar to a football stadium.
Azure Sage prepared himself for the fight, focusing his energy on the bleachers before Mases called him down. King was already standing on the field, jumping up and down.
“This will be an excellent opportunity to show her what I can do!” he exclaimed.
“Azure! Are you ready?” Mases asked, motioning him to come down to the field. Azure nodded and floated down to the field gracefully.
“On three, the duel will begin,” Mases began. “One...two...three!”
King jumped straight up into the air, disappearing without a trace. Azure stood calmly. Suddenly, King appeared from behind him in the air, aiming his leg and kicking swiftly. Azure immediately released a force field. King’s leg bounced off of it.
“Not fair! How am I supposed to get him if he has a force field around him all the time?” King hollered, looking at Mases. Mases calmly sipped a cup of coffee and watched the action. The students paid close attention, with only a few lollygagging when Mases wasn’t looking.
“Ohmergard doesn’t Pendio look so handsome?” Ari sighed, staring at Pendio across the bleachers, sitting next to Terminus.
“Barf,” he commented. “That’s adorably gross.”
King bit his lip and disappeared again. Azure closed his eyes, focusing. King suddenly appeared in front and swung his frustrated fist. Azure knocked it away, releasing his force field once again. King was tossed onto the ground fiercely.
“Canary isn’t going to love me after this...” he sighed, turning away. Meanwhile, Canary was painting her nails black and listening to some goth rock band nobody’s ever heard of.
Azure took a deep breath before running towards King. Swiftly, he darted from side to side randomly so King wouldn’t know where to aim. Azure jumped into the air, kicking the top of King’s head with his foot.
“Geesh!” King shouted, rubbing the top of his head.
Azure landed on the ground without breaking a sweat.
“That’s it!” King shouted furiously.
He disappeared once again, appearing more quickly now, but right behind Azure, charging at his backside.
“No one gets between me and Canary!” he screamed, going for Azure with all his strength.
Azure released his force field, when suddenly, the sound of shattering glass rang throughout the dueling grounds. It was so loud, everyone covered their ears.
“What the hell is that?” Snow cried.
“Everybody just stay calm!” Mases hollered, looking back at Azure and King. He has broken through Azure’s force field. “So that’s what it is...”
Azure closed up the force field, with just him and King inside.
“How did I...” King began, trailing off, glancing at his hands.
“I don’t know, but things are gonna be a lot harder for you in here!” Azure warned, preparing to strike King. The round force field lifted up into the air as Azure and King fought with their bare fists. Everyone watched in excitement.
“It’s impossible to break through any kind of force field, unless one wields some sort of special strength from a higher power.” Sagitarius observed, jotting down notes.
“Here I come!” King yelled, going invisible. He appeared next to Azure and took a swing. He dodged it, kicking King and making him trip.
“Oof!” he shouted as he landed on the ground.
“It’s over,” Azure stated, knocking him out of the force field from up in the air.
King landed with a thud. Mases ran over to him to check his status.
“He’s fine, everyone,” he said. “Azure Sage is the winner!”
Everyone in the bleachers applauded as Azure returned to the ground. King struggled to get back up but made his way to the bleachers.
“Good job, you were so close!” Ari told him. King made a half smile, and sat down next to her and Terminus.
Meanwhile, at the top of the bleachers, Snow and Ayano were discussing rare ‘Selda’ games.
“I’m not really into that fan-made bull****,” Ayano explained. “I like ‘em to be somewhat official. Like Zelda Ura, for example.”
“I’m gonna let you in on a little secret,” Snow began. “I have one of the only copies of Zelda Ura in existence! For the Nintendo 64 disc drive, of course.”
“Really? Can I play it?” Ayano asked.
“**** no, you’d break it.” Snow replied.
“**** you, can I at least see it?” Ayano insisted.
“I don’t trust you,” Snow said blatantly.
“GIVE ME THE GAME NOW!” Ayano screeched, his eyes turning a fiery red color.
“Hey hey hey hey hey!” Mases called them out. “You kids behave until I get the next round going.”
“I...am...an...ADULT!!!” Ayano screamed, flames shooting up into the sky, causing them to make fire works of various anime girls with red hair. “AND I DESERVE TO PLAY RARE SELDA BOOTLEG GAMES!”
“Okay, okay, fine, I’ll let you look at it but don’t TOUCH IT. Okay?” Snow sighed.
She reached into her pastel pink purse, searching around for a moment. After a few seconds, she began to panic.
“WHERE IS IT?” she screeched, searching more anxiously now. “YOU TOOK IT, DIDN’T YOU?”
“No...WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME THAT?” Ayano yelled.
“BECAUSE YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT IT!” Snow hollered.
“That’s IT! I’m done being talked to like a CHILD!” Ayano yelled. “I WANT A DUEL. RIGHT NOW!”
“OH IT’S ON,” Snow said. “LIKE DONKEY KONG!”
Snow and Ayano swooped down to the field and prepared themselves. Snow covered the field in ice, which made it difficult to stand for Ayano, until he melted it away with his fiery breath.
“You ass hair,” Snow mumbled, closing her eyes. She opened them shortly after as ice beams shot out of them toward Ayano. He using his fire against them, so they became puddles in front of his feet.
“Don’t you know that fire is strong against ice?” Ayano asked.
“I play Pokemon, duh,” Snow replied, rolling her eyes.
She leaped into the air and shot more ice beams out of her eyes. Ayano turned it all into water.
“There’s nothing you can do, babe,” Ayano said.
“W-WHAT DID YOU CALL ME???” Snow yelled, her face getting red and puffy.
“Kids, kids, please, it’s not your time to duel yet!” Mases began, standing in front of the bleachers.
“ADULT! I AM AN ADULT!” Ayano said, leaping into the air.
Snow and Ayano floated, face to face. Ayano’s fists became a deep red while Snow’s became a pale blue.
Snow let out an ear splitting scream as she released a powerful blow at Ayano. Ayano tried to defend himself by using a similar attack. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of yellow light. Everyone covered their eyes, as the screams of Snow and Ayano were still heard.
“What is even happening?” Mases shouted, trying to see what was going on without going blind.
The light died down shortly after. Snow and Ayano both fell to the ground, out of breath. Beauts and Rep ran to catch them as they were to closest to the field. Snow landed in Rep’s arms, as Beauts caught Ayano.
“Zelda Ura...it’s real right...?...maybe I’m just dreaming....” Ayano panted, seemingly half asleep.
Snow was unconscious.
Mases approached them with a heavy sigh.
“Is everyone okay?” he asked.
“Snow needs a doctor, and fast,” Rep explained.
Mases picked her up and laid her on one of the bleachers.
“Ayano seems fine, he’s just exhausted.” Beauts said.
Mases laid him on one of the bleachers as well before an ambulance came to take Snow to the hospital.

***​

“I’m sorry about today everyone. It seems like we just can’t get anything done.” Mases explained to everyone in the meeting house.
Ayano was able to walk home with Azure Sage to get some rest. No word on Snow yet.
“At least Azure and King were able to work today,” Ari reminded.
“True, but it’s not enough. We need to do more intense training. This won’t do.”

Meanwhile, deep within the woods outside the Village of Friends, a light from a tiny candle shimmered against the walls of a hidden cave.
“Lord Darkness, I have some new information about our subject,” a man with thick glasses and a ponytail began, taking a bow in front of a mysterious man surrounded by darkness.
“No need to explain, Mitchell. I’ve already seen and felt what’s happened today.” the dark one said with a snicker. “I can feel his power getting stronger...”
“I think this is exactly what we need to do; one by one, take away everyone who’s close to him. Then his true power will be revealed.” Mitchell replied.
Lord Darkness cackled intensely, chocking a little bit.
“Once we do that, I’ll know for sure that he’s the one I’ve been waiting for for all these years!”
Lord Darkness continued to laugh, clutching a copy of Zelda Ura in his hands that had the name, ‘Snow’, scrawled on the back.

Mido

Version 1
This may have helped Team 3 with their training: https://youtu.be/UsMYYpqPVYQ

I've been loosely following the saga thus far, and what can I say? The Naruto influence is in full bloom! :cool: (Half of the time, I'm expecting Dan's character to go full-on Might Guy somewhere along the line!)

Before I comment, I just wanted to take the time as we return to Naruto on Zelda Dungeon, to pay our respects to Kakashi Hatake, or better known as: David Bowie. :mellow:

The story is coming along nicely, but once again, I think I speak for us all when I say that the villians are once again shrouded in mystery! The intrigue-fest begins!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 5 ~ Intensive Training

“Well...since every planned attempt at training you all has failed...” Mases began in front of all the squads in the classroom at the academy. “I’ve brought in some reinforcement to help you guys out.”
Three guys came into the classroom, all taking a bow when they reached the front of the room.
“Each of the squads are going to be assigned a sensai,” Mases explained.
The entire class sighed heavily.
“What? **** this ****, we aren’t babies, you know,” Ayano groaned.
“Now, before you all get your panties in a bunch, let me explain. Having a sensai will help you guys grow stronger and tighter as a team, and training won’t be so disorganized as before, as I’ve been trying to train all four squads at once.”
“So we’ll all be separated?” King asked, with worry in his eyes.
“Yes, but only for the next few weeks.” Mases replied. “Now, everyone, let me introduce you to the new sensais.”
One man wearing purple and brown clothing stepped up and took a bow. He had a strange grin on his face as he observed the squad members.
“Hello, I am the Spiritual Mask Salesman. I traveled to this village from afar to help those who are in need.” he greeted.
“So what’s your real name?” Terminus asked.
“What are you talking about? Spiritual Mask Salesman IS my name.”
The mask salesman stepped back as the guy next to him walked up front.
“Hi, my name’s Seth. Nice to meet you all, finally.” he said, taking a step back.
“I hope we don’t get him, he’s boring as balls,” Blue Canary whispered to King.
The guy next to Seth took a bow. He was wearing a green and white suit of armor and a witch hat. He had a grin even more strange than the mask salesman and he bowed in a feminine way.
“Hello all, you can call me...Bok Choy!” he giggled, hopping back in line with the others.
“Man, what is this, some kind of freak show?” Ayano commented.
“Hush, please,” Mases said to him.
“As for our final sensai, he pulled out at last minute. I was supposed to have someone new coming in but...”
“I’m sorry I’m late!” a voice hollered as the door flew open.
There stood a young man with light blue hair, clutching a few books by his side. He panted as he rushed over to greet Mases. They shook hands.
“Thank goodness you made it. If not, these kids would have been throwing tomatoes at us already,” Mases told him with a laugh.
“ADULTS!” Ayano yelled.
The young man laughed and turned to face everybody.
“Hello, everyone...my name’s Soul. I’m looking forward to working with you guys, who ever Mases puts me with.”
“Oh god I hope we don’t get him, he already has a soiled record by being late,” Rep said.
“Oh shut up, everybody’s late sometimes,” Beauts replied.
Rep turned away, blushing a bit.
“Alright, now for sensai assignments. Since the leader of squad four is currently in the hospital, you guys will need a little extra guidance. So your sensai will be one of our strongest, Bok Choy.”
“Teehee! I will do my best to help these youngins!” Bok Choy exclaimed, floating over to Ayano and Azure Sage.
“We’re all going to be the best of friends,” he whispered to them.
“Don’t whisper to me ever again,” Ayano pouted.
“That’s no way to talk to your sensai...” Bok Choy whined.
Mases cleared his throat before continuing.
“Okay, Spiritual Mask Salesman will go with King’s squad.” he announced.
“Yay! We get somebody cool!” King cheered.
“None of these geeks are cool,” Canary replied.
“Seth will go to Rep’s squad and for Pendio’s...we have Soul.”
Seth met with Rep and shook hands with him, Beauts, and Dan.
“Nice to meet you, Seth-a-roo...may I call you that?” Dan greeted.
Seth laughed nervously and nodded.
Soul met with Pendio and his squad.
“Please excuse me if I make a mistake...I literally just made it out of training.” Soul explained.
“It’s cool, man. Everyone makes mistakes,” Ari reassured him.
“Everyone please follow your sensai to the training grounds,” Mases explained.
“Gee, if this story were a video game, there would be too much hand-holding, in my opinion...” Rep commented as he followed his sensai and everyone else out the door.

******​

Bok Choy rounded up his Squad in the middle of the woods in the training ground.
“Now, youngins, I’m going to teach you how to fight, the PROPER way.” Bok Choy began, pulling a stereo out of thin air. He put it on the ground and pressed the play button. The Carmeldansen song began to play as Bok Choy started doing the macerena.
“But sensai...how is this going to help us fight?” Azure Saze asked with a puzzled expression.
“DANCE!” he exclaimed, doing the macerena faster.
Azure Sage and Ayano began awkwardly doing the macerena. Ayano stopped after a few seconds.
“I ain’t doing this...” he said, walking away.
“If you don’t do this, you won’t get any candy!” Bok Choy shouted.
Ayano slowly walked back. “Okay...”
“Seems you three are having a good time...” a voice said out of nowhere.
Bok Choy stopped dancing.
“I sense evil...” he warned the two others.
A creepy cackle came from the distance. Suddenly, a giant snake slithered from behind a tree, wrapping itself around Ayano. He quickly set himself on fire in hopes to break loose.
“Sensai!” Azure shouted to Bok Choy.
Bok Choy pulled out two long swords, carefully trying to slice the snake wrapped around Ayano.
“WHY ISN’T THIS THING DYING FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION???” Ayano screeched.
Bok Choy struggled with the snake. The snake let go of Ayano on it’s own and went for Bok Choy.
“Oh no!!!” he squealed as the snake wrapped around him, dragging him deep into the woods.
Azure and Ayano looked at each other.
Azure gave Ayano a nod.
“Let’s go.” Azure said as the two dashed after Bok Choy in the woods.

Meanwhile, Seth was busy training his team.
“Now the most important key to being strong is having a strong mind,” Seth explained, sipping some coffee.
“Aren’t we gonna kick some Dankey Kang yet, Seth-a-roo? My feet are getting all smelly and rusty...” Dan said.
The four were sitting in a circle in the middle of the meeting house.
“This very much applies to Beauts, since her main strength lies within her brain.” Seth continued.
“So are you saying I’m stupid, Seth-a-roo? That’s not very kind...it’s very un-Seth-a-roo-like.” Dan commented.
“That’s not what I meant,” Seth replied, sitting his coffee down.
Suddenly, there was a strange hissing coming from outside the window.
Dan started to glow.
“Oh no...that must mean...” he began.

“Okay, children! Let’s begin with some exercises!” Spiritual Mask Salesman exclaimed, getting up and stretching. A giant blimp that had the word, “ADULTS”, written on the side of it flew by.
King, Canarary, and Sagitarius mimicked their sensais actions.
“Now, jumping jacks!” Spiritual Mask Salesman exclaimed.
The four of them continued doing jumping jacks until a cry of terror rang through the training grounds.
“Oh...” Spiritual Mask Salesman began, clutching his heart and falling down.
“Sensai! Are you alright?” King exclaimed.
“Something very bad is coming...please...leave.” he replied.
“We can’t leave you here by yourself!” King told him.
“We will help you get up.” Sagitarius said, as him and King grabbed the mask salesman’s arms.
Suddenly, a giant snake slithered up and wrapped itself around Spiritual Mask Salesman, pulling him away. King and Sagitarius furiously tried pulling him away from the snake.
“What the hell is going on?” Canary shrieked.
“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Spiritual Mask Salesman yelped.
The snakes grip was too much and the boys couldn’t hold on tight enough.
“Please! I’ll be okay. Save yourselves!” he shouted as he was dragged away.
Sagiatirius hopped into the tree tops and followed the snake from above. King followed. Canary stood there, filing her nails.
“Ugh, fine.” she said, hopping up to the tree tops and joining her teammates.

Soul, Pendio, Ari, and Terminus began walking to the meeting house after a few hours of intensive training. Pendio wiped the sweat from his brow as Ari stared in admiration. Terminus puked in his mouth a little.
“Good job, guys. You all deserve a night off tonight. Dinner is on me!” Soul exclaimed, as he approached the meeting house door.
He turned the knob and opened the door, only to be horrified by what was inside.
“MEEEEEOWWW! Grrrr...”
A giant yellow cat and snake were face-to-face while Beauts, Rep, and Seth watched in horror.
“Hiss!” the snake replied, sticking it’s tongue out.
“Hiss...” the cat hissed back. “REOW!”
The cat leaped on the snake, trying to claw it to death. The snake wrapped it’s body around the cat, trying to crush it. The cat yelped in pain.
“MEOW MEOW OWWW!!!” the cat screeched, suddenly shrinking in size and morphing into something else. It was Dan.
“Ow ow ow! Somebody help me! Don’t you guys just stand there thinking about emotes and gay men dressed as turnips! Hepl!” Dan screamed, being dragged out the window by the snake.
“I’m coming Dan!” Rep exclaimed, jumping out the window and following Dan and the snake.
Beauts looked at Soul and his squad before going after Rep. Seth took a deep breath and followed them too.
“Guess we only have one thing to do,” Terminus said.
The four remaining squad members followed the giant snake, anxious to get their furry friend back and defeat the evil beast so it would never return again to reek more havoc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Last time I got dragged into the woods by a giant snake it didn't end well for me :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ooh, this is cool! I didn't know this story was a thing until now, but I'm definitely enjoying what I've read so far. I like how you're taking a more artistic approach this time rather than the more random approach with your previous stories. It has an engaging storyline and it's well written. I look forward to seeing more! :D

I must say, I'm quite excited to see who the snake turns out to be :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom