• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[SPOILERS] New Ways to Battle + New Pokémon Released!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
MAJOR SPOILERS

Talonflame (evolution to Fletchling)
talonflame.png

Vivillon
vivillon.png

Noivern
noivern.png

Clauncher
clauncher.png

Skrelp
skrelp.png

Sky Battle
21.jpg

Hoard Battle
32.jpg

Trailer 1
[video=youtube;gmywDbnC5oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gmywDbnC5oc[/video]

Trailer 2
[video=youtube;si7oFO5y1e8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=si7oFO5y1e8[/video]

Thoughts?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
This is all very cool. The hoard battle reminds me a lot of the fights in Dragon Quest. I hope for the hoard battles they let you take out more than one pokemon.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Ugh, I actually am not looking forward to the horde and sky battles. The triple and rotation battles were pointless enough, but sky and horde sound even more ridiculous. I honestly don't see what sky battles offer that's different, besides a different background and a restriction on which Pokemon can participate. And when they talked about horde battles and how they would require you to have moves that can hit multiple targets, all I heard was, "We are forcing you to accommodate this feature." And you must likely can't catch Pokemon in a horde battle, so all I foresee is, unless I need to level up, running away from horde battles every time. If I had designed this feature, I would have just stuck with double battles that can happen randomly in any grass, that you can battle in with a single pokemon, one on two. These new battles look terrible IMO.

Maybe that was a little too rantish. I just don't want what looks to be a really great game to be spoiled by lame gimmicks.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ugh, I actually am not looking forward to the horde and sky battles. The triple and rotation battles were pointless enough, but sky and horde sound even more ridiculous. I honestly don't see what sky battles offer that's different, besides a different background and a restriction on which Pokemon can participate. And when they talked about horde battles and how they would require you to have moves that can hit multiple targets, all I heard was, "We are forcing you to accommodate this feature." And you must likely can't catch Pokemon in a horde battle, so all I foresee is, unless I need to level up, running away from horde battles every time. If I had designed this feature, I would have just stuck with double battles that can happen randomly in any grass, that you can battle in with a single pokemon, one on two. These new battles look terrible IMO.

Maybe that was a little too rantish. I just don't want what looks to be a really great game to be spoiled by lame gimmicks.

Where did you here that you would nead AoE's you could most likely take them out one at a time.

I personly like the new battle systems and finaly a new type.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Where did you here that you would nead AoE's you could most likely take them out one at a time.

When Pokémon like Houndour, Axew, Tauros, and Miltank appear en masse in the wild in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, players will be facing a Horde Encounter. In past Pokémon titles, Pokémon battles have always involved the same number of Pokémon on both sides, like a regular one-on-one match or a Triple Battle. Horde Encounters take battling to a new, intense level that forces a player to battle against multiple wild Pokémon that attack all at once—with only a single Pokémon on the player’s side. Players will need to ensure their Pokémon has moves that can attack multiple Pokémon at once or they will quickly find themselves on the losing end of the battle.

It sounds like you could very well take them out one at a time, but only if they are significantly weaker than you. This was said at the developer's roundtable at E3 and from that last sentence, it sounds like they are designing the horde battles so that they will be extremely difficult without moves that can hit multiple targets.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Talonflame is the first cool design since Gen 4's Tortuga or w/e it was (the grass type in DP).

Sky Battle? tf is that?

Horde battle sounds sexy but I can't lay a finger on it, it seems like one vs five weaker Pokemon?? Whatever I can't wait to see it in action.

Sky Battle? tf is that?

Official Pokémon Website said:
Sky Battles

Get ready for aerial battles between Pokémon! In Sky Battles, only Pokémon that can fly are eligible. Seek out opposing Trainers standing high on cliffs or in other distant places. Be prepared: these battles can be tough!

And plus Pokémon with the ability Levitate can participate in Sky Battle. ^^

The final evolved forms of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie shall be Grass/Fighting-type, Fire/Psychic-type, and Water/Dark-type, respectively...

...esas son mis predicciones.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm too lazy to edit the first post, but it's always good to keep things moving!

MORE SPOILERS OF NEW POKéMON

Kofukimushi, Spewpa & Vivillon
corocoro6133.jpg

Shishiko
corocoro6134.jpg

Furabebe
corocoro6135.jpg

That Shishiko is absolutely adorable :pikalove:

I love the additions that this game is giving to the series. They are all things that work really well in a 3D battle style game. I am super excited for those Horde Battles, I really want to see how they play out. And same with those Sky Battles!

I have a prediction that the flying type gym (if there is one) will feature a sky battle, it would just make it more epic!

I was a bit iffy about the fairy type at first, but I don't mind it so much now! It seems like it could be cool if used right (wtf would be super effective against fairies????)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom