• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *spoilers* How Did the Hylian Shield End Up in Lorule?

How did the Hylian Shield end up in Lorule?

This is something I've been thinking about since I got it (I have already beaten the game).

I was going to say that the Hylian shield ended up in Lorule from MM (if one were to assume that Lorule is Termina), but the shield Link used in MM was the Hero's shield and the design was a bit different.

So maybe, in an a game that has yet to be made Link will go to Lorule (possibly Temina?) and that might be how the Hylian Shield ends up in Lorule.

Edit: If possible could a mod/admin please edit the title? I just realized it's a very minor spoiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I don't see any reason to believe that Lorule and Termina are related (I know there are some Majora's Mask references in the game, but I don't think they explicitly point to those two worlds being related). So, unless we can actually make a strong connection, trying to answer your question from that perspective is just grasping at straws.

This is going to sound like a cop-out, but I don't think there is an answer. I'm sure we could invent some wildly imaginative scenarios that would put that item in that world, but at this point, I don't see a logical reason for the shield to be there. If we absolutely had to have a reason, the simplest explanation would be that it was placed there by the gods for the hero to come across in time (as many items are throughout many games).

My honest, non-lore explanation would be this: The developers wanted to give Link an updated shield, and the Hylian Shield has such a classic and recognizable design that they decided to use it regardless of the fact that it did not fit with the lore of the world. Frankly, I would have liked to see a Lorulian Shield.

I will say that the Hyrulian Shield isn't as rare of a creation as the Master Sword; you can buy them over and over again in OoT. We also know that some creatures/characters are able to travel between worlds (by various means throughout different games). So it isn't absolutely implausible that some Hylian Shield might make its way across worlds into Lorule; but again, I don't think there is enough information to try to posit any credible explanation at this point.

The likely reason as to why and or how its there is because Nintendo wanted it to be earned so they placed it in a dungeon and that dungeon is in Lorule, I mean there really isn't any explanation other than Nintendo put it there, its just there simple as that, there's no secret story of the shield being brought there by link or anything like that, and there may never be any other explanation that is not just fan fiction.

As for Lorule possibly being Termina, geographically impossible, I believe it's also chronologically impossible as well as historically impossible, that said while its extremely unlikely that Lorule is or ever was Termina it is still possible though unlikely that Termina is a different neighboring land connected to Lorule.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There is no real explanation for this. Maybe the Sage took it with them? I really don't think we should search for another explanation rather than Nintendo just adding it in there. That's all I can think about it though

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is something that I completely overlooked when I was writing up my theory that Lorule was once Hyrule, and that it took place in a parallel world. It may sound a bit out there, but here's the theory if anyone wants to give it a read.

My point is that, if my theory is somewhat correct, then it explains why the Hyrule Sheild is in fact in Lorule.

Yuga said he noticed cracks in the wall before the events of the game, so who's to say some Hylian soldier didn't notice them as well and venture into Lorule? He was probably killed by monsters in Lorule and then his shield was locked in a chest.

Skunk

Floof
It is the will of the Goddesses that the Hylian Shield be in Lorule as a sign that though the two are separated, they still can aid each other in this time of great calamity(in that Hyrule shields Lorule from even more destruction).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom