• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Split Down the Middle

I've been planning on writing an original story for a while. Lo and behold, tis posted!

Chapter One

I strolled nervously into the town square. Clutching my money in a sweaty fist, I entered the market.

Why was I so nervous about purchasing some food from the market? Truth be told, I don't know. I never figured it out, but whenever another person's eyes hit me, I was flooded with anxiety. Only one glare could make my heart pound and my stomach dance.

I took in a deep breath, trying to let my worries slip away. Into the market I went. Suddenly, I hit something and collapsed. More like someone. I had to absorb it all.

Those knowing blue eyes, his raven hair, and the freckles strewn across his face.

"Sorry about that," I stammered.

"No, that was my fault," he replied, awkwardly smiling while he handed me my money. He extended his hand to me.

"I'm Aaron," he said. "You are..."

"Kegan," I told him nervously. His outstretched arm stood erect, awaiting me to change that. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Those eyes, those astonishing, sea blue eyes left me paralyzed.

"See you around then," he said as he left. I went back to my business as well. As I bought my food, the thought of the boy Aaron lingered. Something about those eyes...... reminded me of an old friend of mine.

Later that night as I slept, my dreams attacked me.

"Rya, don't go," I sobbed. Staring into my best friend's blue eyes made me wish I had the Fever. Made me wish I was the one fading instead if her.

"It's okay. You can save me," she groaned.

"How? You're on the verge if death, and you think I can save you?"

"Yes, Kegan. You can absorb me into you. I'll live on as a part of you."

"Will it work?" I asked. I noticed I could see my hand through hers. A decision like this is immensely hard to make under so much pressure.

"I'll do it, Rya. Anything to keep you."

"Be strong, Kegan. The Fever may have snatched me away from you, but it quickly lost it's grip."

I couldn't help but cry. Even when she was dying, Rya kept the humor.

"Don't ever forget me, Kegan."

"I'll forget how to read first," I choked. She closed her eyes. Then she was gone. I buried my hands in my face. I didn't notice until the tears had dried that these hands weren't mine. They weren't my slender hands, they were Rya's tough hands that could belong to a lumberjack.

I ran outside to the closest lake. My reflection wasn't mine. It was Rya's. Her face, her dark hair, her blue eyes. She wasn't joking about her being a piece of me.

Suddenly I sat up in my bed. I checked the bowl of water near my bed. It was my original face. My heart stopped pounding, and I collapsed back into my doze.

Do comment please!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom