• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spike TV's GoTY

How do you guys feel about Skyrim getting Spike TV's GoTY award? Do you agree with them?

Personally, I am really happy about it. It is a very well made game, with only a few bad things about it. So yes, I agree with them about their choice for game of the year.

Austin

Austin
I'm cool with it. I enjoyed both Skyrim and Skyward Sword, and while I enjoyed Skyrim more I'd say either of them deserve it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So Skyrim did end up winning? I'm glad; this could lead to any vindictive fans of the Elder Scrolls titles to be somewhat appeased. I just hope they lay off Skyward Sword on the G4 polls so that both games can have an equal shot at GoTY...unless Skyward Sword lost to Assassin's Creed, that is. I've forgotten to keep up with their status.

I haven't played any of these games yet so I don't have a legit opinion. Though I feel happy that Skyrim won, I really wanted SS to win but whatever.

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Skyrim really deserved it. But remember, there are many game of the year awards. I'll be happy if both Skyward Sword and Skyrim win at least one Game of the Year award. Skyrim now has one. Skyward Sword will for sure get one. I am confident it'll win the G4 Videogame Deathmatch. Though I think Skyrim would have had a better chance beating Assassin's Creed, I don't think Skyward Sword will have it that easy. It might get close.

Honestly, I haven't played Skyrim...but I'm disappointed. I do have some friends who play it on the PS3 and several of them say it's unplayable. It's just disappointing that a game with that many glitches can be seen as GOTY. Doesn't send the right message to developers IMO.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Lol I love how people who haven't even played the game think it's so glitchy. Err, no offense. But I have at least 85 hours in and I've come across maybe 5 glitches, all of them texture, like my horse would disappear for a second or two while riding it. No broken quests or game breakers for me. Yep, no game breakers *cough, cough Thunder Dragon*. Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy if either SS or Skyrim got it, but honestly, Skyrim deserved it...

I've run into one game breaking glitch on Skyrim. When I was still within the first 30 minutes of the game, I charged up a power strike and hit the wall. While I was hitting the wall, though, I kinda glitched through and and couldn't do anything. Other than that, the glitches that I've seen in Skyrim were all minor things like some missing textures or dead bodies standing and walking in place. I think that Skyrim really deserved it, though.

Also, only the PS3 version of Skyrim have bad glitches and almost unbearable lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom