• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic the Hedgehog Fans?

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
I love Sonic! He and Mario were my heroes (and then Link and Ike last year)
Although... I started really late into the Sonic series... I couldn't really chose my favorite Sonic game. I have a soft spot in my heart for all of them (not that I have played all of them but still)

Keep on running the blue blur c:

.... even though Silver is my favorite hedgehog... >>

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm a pretty big Sonic fan. Although I haven't picked up any of the more recent games, I've played plenty of prior ones. I LOVE the characters, stages, and stories Sonic games have to offer. Even though it may revolve around Dr. Eggman all the time, It's always a different mechanism that causes trouble and disturbance in the city. One of my favorite games in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and my favorite hedgehog just might be Silver. :P

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Sonic was my and my best friend's hero for the first few years when we met. Now we aren't AS into him but we still are big fans X3

My favorite games.....I would have to say Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black knight. But then I like all of Sonic's games (even though I haven't played them all) ;)

And of course Link is one of my new videogame favs. =D

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Sega Genesis was my first game console, so Sonic holds a special little place in my heart <3
Sonic 2 & 3 are my favorites. EXCEPT FOR THE RED BARREL in Carnival Night!

Djinn

and Tonic
I have been a huge Sonic Fan since the Genesis days. I love almost all the 2D Sonic games and some of the 3D ones. Mostly up to around Sonic Heroes, I have not really liked much that has come after. But the GBA and DS series were a good throwback to the original gameplay that I loved in the series so I continued playing on with those.

I do enjoy Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and think those really should be the model for the 3D games. Sonic often works best when it is kept simple and it remains mostly a platformer. I think when they attempt adding more gimmicks and gameplay options like characters with other various powers, using of guns and vehicles, or change the game mechanics away from running and jumping to something else entirely then the game suffers as a result. Many of the later games are like this, they require more than platformer mechanics and require things like riding on bikes and using swords to fight dragons, or transforming into were animals. None of these are really what Sonic fans are looking for in a game. This might actually contribute to the success of Sonic Heroes and why many people still consider that to be the last great Sonic Game. It brought everything back to the basics. You were on a track, you used the various abilities of your characters to make it across and your options were little more than running, jumping, climbing, or flying.

Sega Genesis was my first game console, so Sonic holds a special little place in my heart <3

Yup I remember that being the stopping point for most fans until they figured out that it can be moved with the d-pad. After that the rest of the game was great but that little spot where you were trapped on the barrel was where the game ended for many people and contributed to not many liking the game overall as a result. Without it I think Sonic 3 is easily my favorite on the Genesis. I have replayed it so many times I know almost all parts of it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Big Sonic fan. Never owned a Genesis, but borrowed one along with the first three games and played the crap out of them. Sadly, I didn't get much wind of Sonic until Adventure 2: Battle (meaning the GCN port), but I've been a very active Sonic fan since. It was painful to watch him suffer from 2005-2010, but he's back on track now, and that's what matters. Long live the Blue Blur.

Oh, my gosh, I hate those things. I get frustrated just thinking about how they trolled us all.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
This is a hard one either Sonic 2 or Sonic CD. Sonic 2 has more levels:cool: and is more challenging in my opinion and Tails is playable too. Whereas Amy Rose isn't playable in Sonic CD a real shame:mad: but its music is fantastic and the past'present and future level aspect is brilliant.

My favourite is sonic 3, i just loved it! Playing with a friend was also great as 1 could go tails and fly ye about :P that and the whole linking up with sonic and knuckles game was cool :)

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Sonic Adventure 2 was my very first actual Sonic game. I guess you could say that City Escape was my Green Hill Zone :D. But my favorite game is Sonic Adventure DX. My favorite character is also Shadow The Hedgehog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom