• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Somnolent at Sunset

Well, here it is! The title is uncreative, I know. I still need sign ups. Find them here. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?25243-Some-Sign-Ups!

Chapter One

It was playing nonstop in my head, like a broken record. It was digging it's way deeper into my subconscious. It was one short sentence.

"My life is about to change," said a voice in my head, though I was telling it desperately to shut up. As I boarded the bus that would ship me off to camp, my eyes darted back and forth, like those of a frightened animal. I noticed a girl wearing yellow headphones, a boy wearing a red cloak despite the heat, and many more.

I walked slowly, nervousness written in my stride. Slowly and carefully, like the seat could explode on impact, I sat in front of the girl with yellow earphones. As I looked closer at her, I noticed her black dress, yellow tie, and her black boots and arm warmers, as well as the cloak, but most of all, her golden eyes.

"Hi there. I'm Ashie Kazicane. What's your name?" she asked. I sat quiet. I was a bit shy about talking to her.

"I- I'm Kylaia," I stammered.

"Aw, no need to be nervous. I had a first year at the Falls too."

"Thanks for the reassurance," I told her. Ashie didn't seem too bad, but there was something different about her, an air of perplexity, like something right front of my face, obscured by a thick fog.

"No problem. Anytime. So, this is your first year at the Falls, yeah?" she asked. I could tell she was trying to be friendly without making me more nervous.

"Yeah. You?" I replied.

"It's my fourth. If you need anything, I'm right here."

"Thanks so much," I told her. A grin spread across my face. The bus had barely moved a mile, and I made a new friend. I hadn't even noticed that the bus was moving.

After our conversation, I watched the scenery speed by. At least an hour passed before the bus driver said "Everybody out. Welcome to Stele Falls."

I encourage comments! Post them!

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
That was great! It was short but I enjoyed it very much!^^ You are an excellent writer.;) I can't wait to read what'll happen next!^^

Aw! First chapters over already? :P
I loved it, I hope you get more sign-ups so we can read the entire story!

Chapter Two

I looked around nervously. It looked like a generic overnight camp. Bunks were scattered around beneath trees of heights that seemed immeasurable. There was a mess hall, a main office, even a massive lake.

"This isn't so bad," I thought. Suddenly, I noticed a guy running on the telephone wires. He was quick on his feet, not letting a fear of falling get the best of him. Suddenly, he stopped, slid down the pole, then stuck the landing.

"Hi, I'm Serris," he said once he completed his descent.

"I'm Kylaia," I replied. "How many years have you been here?"

"This is my second. Your first, I assume?"

"Right you are," I told him. "Well, I should get unpacking. I haven't got even a second to waste."

"Alright. Bye," he said before running off.

About an hour later, I found my cabin. It was an old, dilapidated place, but it would have to work. Inside wasn't much better. I couldn't believe the windows were still intact. As I looked around the room, I heard a crash. Bits of glass were strewn across the floor.

"There went that," I muttered to myself. Then I noticed a girl climb in. She had green eyes, wore a pendant around her neck that was the same shade of leaf green, and sported golden brown hair.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "You're new?"

"Yeah. I'm Kylaia Sorren," I told her.

"Call me Tekara," she replied. Just then, I heard a loud noise, like a school bell almost, coming from the loudspeakers.

"We should get to the mess hall in a few minutes. Follow me," she offered.

Short, I know. I haven't got exactly all the time in the world, but the next chapter should be longer.

Chapter Three

The mess hall was enormous. People flooded the building like a strong storm, not a heck of a lot of campers. I looked around, seeing nothing but people and tables. Noticing a table close to the exit, I sat next to a boy of about fifteen with tousled blond hair and eyes the color of storm clouds.

"Hi, I'm Kyus," he said loudly over the noise.

"My name's Kylaia," I replied. "Is it always this noisy in the mess hall?"

"Yeah. Everyone's chattering like parrots in here. First year, I assume?"

"You guessed it."

"Well then, welcome to camp," he said. Suddenly, the room went quiet, like we were inside a coffin. On top of what everyone was calling the cheese wheel was a guy in at least his early twenties. His eyes were almost black, if not dark brown.

"That's Rako, the camp director," Kyus whispered to me. I simply nodded; he seemed like the type of person whose stare could burn a hole in your flesh.

"Welcome back to Stele Falls, everybody!" he exclaimed. Everyone cheered wildly. I couldn't help but laugh at the madness.

"I'm going to need the first year kids to meet me in my office once you're out of here," he concluded.

After everyone cooled down, I proceeded towards the main office, a small cabin with a few rooms. A few other kids my age and older sat on the sofa in Rako's office. I just sat of the wood floor.

"Now that you're all here, you might be wondering what you're doing here, no?"

"Yes," said a boy next to me.

"Well, as we don't normally reveal to the public, this is a summer camp for supernatural teens."

The sentence was an arrow in my chest, something I never expected. The others seemed pretty shocked themselves.

"What?"

"That doesn't make sense!"

"I know it doesn't, but do politics make sense?" Rako asked, trying to silence us.

"No. You make a valid point," I told him.

"Good. I've said my piece. You head back to your cabins." That was the end of that.

Short, I know, but you know, I have school work and stuff, but I try. :P

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Good, seeing as it introduced my character. :)

Well, seems as though it's about time that you stop explaining things and move along with the actual plot.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom