• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Something Not Seen

Well, the item does appear to have a handle. Perhaps, one must point the item in the direction of said "magnets" in order to magnetize them, and/or manipulate them somehow by means of magnetism... This item must have some kind of negative/positive aspect built-in for this concept to work...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the positive/negative would be essential for it to work. I was thinking maybeeee...

Step 1: Get magnetic glove (yay), Positive charge only... (awww)
Step2 (first upgrade): Receive negative charge ability! woooooo
Step3 (second upgrade): Stronger pull. Maybe to reach farther or pull BIGGER objects

Yes, no, maybe so?

Yes the positive/negative would be essential for it to work. I was thinking maybeeee...

Step 1: Get magnetic glove (yay), Positive charge only... (awww)
Step2 (first upgrade): Receive negative charge ability! woooooo
Step3 (second upgrade): Stronger pull. Maybe to reach farther or pull BIGGER objects

Yes, no, maybe so?

Well, you might be on to something there. I had a similar thought regarding the potential upgrading of this item. Though, I'm not quite sure how upgrading would occur exactly. I have my doubts about the glove idea. Upon closer examination of the item, there appears to be a handle attachment. I was thinking Link would hold the proposed handle to point said item in the direction of the "magnets" to cause a repel or attract effect.

The director of this game is the guy responsible for Minish Cap and the Oracles so the Magetic Gloves could be a possibility.

I don't think this item is a magnetic glove, rather, a hookshot. The platform with the red/blue switch could be used for something else.

I think we all can agree that whatever this item is, it will most likely be the item in your arsenal that is most similar to a hookshot in it's capabilities. In my personal opinion, I think that a magnetic... tool would be much more diverse and abstract, making for a more interesting experience. Either way, I'm excited to see what this item can do. :yes:

T

TriforceReviews

turns out its the gust jar :/ would have like magnetic gloves :nerd:

turns out its the gust jar :/ would have like magnetic gloves :nerd:

The item that the OP was talking about is not the Gust Jar that we see in the new gameplay footage. Still most likely some kind of magnetic item. Look back at the gameplay footage from today and you'll see that the image on the top of the HUD is different.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed and at the same time not so disappointed when i saw the gust jar. The item looks too much like what we saw in the GDC trailer to not be the same item. Magnetic Glove Theory=Fail :(

On a different note, does anyone know how the gust jar will work exactly? In the clip, it showed the sand disappearing when Link used the gust jar. Key word - Disappearing... not blown to a different location. So maybe it doesn't actually blow things away like the title "gust jar" implies. Maybe it has some other capability 0.o

Throw me a bone here.

The item that the OP was talking about is not the Gust Jar that we see in the new gameplay footage. Still most likely some kind of magnetic item. Look back at the gameplay footage from today and you'll see that the image on the top of the HUD is different.

Hmm... True, but it would probably be wise to take into account the upgrading system. The item shown the HUD displayed could be an earlier [before upgrade] or upgraded version of the "Gust Jar?." After all, according to the Game Informer scans, we can expect to see that most items will use the upgrading system; like the reported "scatter shot?" upgrade to the Slingshot. However, yes, there also exists the possibility the item in the OP is a different item altogether [from the Gust Jar]. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom