• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So who else is excited for Metro 4?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
No that was not a typo talking about Metroid Prime 4.

I am talking about the 4th game in the Metro 2033 franchise!

Metro Redux Wallpaper.jpg

Apparently 4A Games is doing a partnership with Saber Interactive to bring us a sequel to Metro Exodus set in Moscow once again, most likely the story having a new protagonist or set of protagonists (I'm hoping we get to control familiar faces such as Khan or Pavel).

The reason that Saber Interactive is involved is due to the fact that they are also implementing a multiplayer into the game, which has many skeptical. But I am hopeful that a Metro Multiplayer would be akin to an extraction shooter like Vigor, Escape From Tarkov, CoD MWII DMZ, and Hunt Showdown. But that is just my personal speculation/hope.

And here is where the rumor gets ludicrous but for an understandable reason.
Apparently the game is ready to ship out, though 4A is having to delay their official announcement and release due to the conflict going on between Russia and Ukraine. But according to Tom Anderson (a game journalist who has had a pretty great track record when it comes to game leaks over the past two years when it comes to every list of intel that he shares), the game is likely to release on the current generation of consoles in 2024 as an ideal release window.

So here is my story theory.

The story takes place parallel to the exodus of the Aurora train across Russia that we endured in Metro Exodus. In the open chapters of Metro Exodus we broke a jamming array for a few minutes, allowing signals from outside the Moscow area to enter the region. So what happens when you have roughly 20,000 people stuck in the dismal and oppressive underground when their radios stop playing local music broadcasts but instead start playing transmissions from other countries?
Uprisings and unrest of course!
The Invisible Watchers, the Hanza, the Red Line, Polis Stations, Fourth Reich, and lesser factions will all have people demanding answers and the right to explore beyond Moscow.
Needless to say this is a breeding ground for potential story plot ideas.

I cannot wait to see what 4A does with the story and what Saber Interactive can do to give us a PvP or PvPvE experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom