• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild So, How 'Bout Them Korok Seeds?

How's everyone doing on their Korok seed hunting? I feel like I'm truckin' along pretty well. I'm going to go as long as I can without looking any of the locations up. Anyone need some helpful hints on how to find them? Any particularly interesting locations or puzzles you've found? Do you have a favorite type of Korok Puzzle? Any that particularly irritate you? (personally, I'm not too big a fan of 'follow the flower')

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
670~ without a guide so far. The only one that irritated me was one of the ones in Lurrelin Village, took me forever to get that damn rock up there. I found several of them to be pretty well-hidden, considering I'm still finding ones in areas I've thoroughly explored several times.

The korok seed that pissed me off the most was one of those "complete the rock pattern" puzzles by Warbler's Nest. I had gotten a korok on the hill overlooking Warbler's Nest prior, but didn't investigate the area enough to notice the other korok. So, my only observable rock that would have been available to me was the one from the korok on the hill. Did not have that rock available to me. My search for a rock took me all the way south of Cuho Mountain, to another rock pattern puzzle, after which I ended up carrying the rock I used for that puzzle all the way back to Warbler's Nest. Look at your map to get an idea.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I have somewhere between two and three hundred. I don't think I will get all of them on my first play through though I'm finished all the Divine Beasts and itching to fight Gannon.

There is a specific variation of the "move this rock attached to a chain" puzzle that I have skipped both times I have seen it. It involves at least two rocks tied by a chain they pull on each other and I can't coordinate them properly. One is in the jungle and another is on Satori Mountain.
My favorite is the "shoot a single target" puzzle. Some are hidden in some quite clever places and they are quick, you just have to keep your eyes pealed and then you have another seed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There is a specific variation of the "move this rock attached to a chain" puzzle that I have skipped both times I have seen it. It involves at least two rocks tied by a chain they pull on each other and I can't coordinate them properly. One is in the jungle and another is on Satori Mountain.
You're supposed to put one in a stump then use stasis on it so it doesn't move while you put the other one in the other stump.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have only found less than 15 so far and I've spent quite a but of time playing the game, I'm not really looking for them though but with 900 being in the game I'd have expected to stumble across many more than less than 15 by now. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to gather the entire 900 though... even with a guide.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I also managed to solve this puzzle without stasis. I found 89 Koroks so far. How on earth did some of these idiots even manage to hide themselves at some very dangerous places???

Can anyone help me out? I am at 899 korok seeds!! I followed the map on here but I'm not sure if I missed 1 or the map doesn't yet have the final 1. I would H-A-T-E to hate to turn back on all the korok seeds and then go through them one by one again [that took all day yesterday] Any help would be much appreciated!!

Last edited:
670~ without a guide so far. The only one that irritated me was one of the ones in Lurrelin Village, took me forever to get that damn rock up there. I found several of them to be pretty well-hidden, considering I'm still finding ones in areas I've thoroughly explored several times.
I ****ING HATED THAT ONE. What was your solution?

I have only found less than 15 so far and I've spent quite a but of time playing the game, I'm not really looking for them though but with 900 being in the game I'd have expected to stumble across many more than less than 15 by now. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to gather the entire 900 though... even with a guide.
I've noticed that there seems to be a correlation between time spent on the great plateau and seeds found. People I've watched or talked to who say they spent lots of time exploring seem to find more, while people who moved through the Plateau content quickly seem to find less. What I'm curious about is which begets which: do people who leave the plateau quickly miss many of the early ones, and therefor don't know cues to look for, or is it that people who leave the plateau early did so because they're not the type to closely explore their settings, and therefor aren't the sort of people who would readily find Korok seeds.....

Cut down the non-curved tree next to the building so that it makes a bridge, use stasis on it so it won't move, and quickly carry a rock up it.
Ah see, no matter what I did the trees fell over poorly so I waited for a time where there was a slight/moderate breeze, then wafted the rock up with Ocotorok balloons and shot it down. The trick was to put 2-3 on it at first so it rose quickly and moved with the wind, then shoot 1-2 of them off to slow it down, then shoot the last one before it got too high up and bounced off the roof when it landed.

The korok seed that pissed me off the most was one of those "complete the rock pattern" puzzles by Warbler's Nest. I had gotten a korok on the hill overlooking Warbler's Nest prior, but didn't investigate the area enough to notice the other korok. So, my only observable rock that would have been available to me was the one from the korok on the hill. Did not have that rock available to me. My search for a rock took me all the way south of Cuho Mountain, to another rock pattern puzzle, after which I ended up carrying the rock I used for that puzzle all the way back to Warbler's Nest. Look at your map to get an idea.
Next time try using the stasis rune to scout for rocks. I haven't really done that but I imagine it will help?

Something tells me there are tons of Korok Seed puzzles that you don't realize are puzzles. Some things to look for:

A single metal cube on the ground (there's a puzzle nearby) / two sculptures made of cubes, but one seems to have a single cube missing
Formations of rocks that have one or more rocks missing
A large acorn sitting in an odd place
Some seemingly inconspicuous item with arrows lodged very close to it (like someone tried to shoot it and missed a few times, then gave up)
A lone rock that seems out of place
A pinwheel (stand near it)
A small mote of shimmering shapes that looks like a cluster of flower petals, usually at the tippy top of something narrow you had to climb (like a tree or flagpole), or inside some object you needed to destroy (like an ice block or boulder)
A mote of flower petals like the ones above, but that races around a set path while making a soft, seed-like clattering noise

Hope that helps. I'd hate to see you stumble through the game with the paltry inventory space available at the beginning...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom