• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler SNOlink's Timeline: Detailed

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Okay. I realize now that I was kind of stupid in only telling you the timeline and not why. I don't know, it was 10 at night and I guess I wasn't thinking. So anyways, now I have the detailed timeline, and I hope you like it somewhat.

Skyward Sword

This is probably the only thing we'll all agree on. Skyward Sword comes at the beginning of my timeline because, as we should be aware, is supposed to have the creation of the Master Sword and the establishment of the Royal Family. There's not much to say because the game hasn't come out yet.

Minish Cap

This comes after Skyward Sword because the Legend at the beginning of The Minish Cap says that a hero came from the sky and they used the sword he had to seal the darkness in the chest. I originally thought that meant they had put the Master Sword in the chest, but that would mean the Four Sword would also be the Master Sword. So I'm guessing that the Skyward Sword will become the Four Sword.

Four Swords

This comes after Minish Cap because the gems from the Minish Cap are seen in the beginning scene of the game. That and The Minish Cap showed the forming of the Four Sword.

Four Swords Adventures

This comes after Four Swords because with the beginning legend, it tells about both what happened in Four Swords and Minish Cap.

I think this is an appropriate time to talk about Ganondorf. When you go to the Lost Woods, there are Deku Scrubs that talk about Ganondorf. They say how Vaati is old news and Ganondorf is new. This makes me think that this is the first time in the timeline that we see Ganondorf.

A Link to the Past

This comes after Four Swords because first, geographical evidence. Their areas are almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that there are more temples in Four Swords Adventures than A Link to the Past. Second, they both have the Dark World. At the end of A Link to the Past, the Triforce says that Dark Realm would disappear after Ganon was dead and he hadn’t died in Four Swords Adventures so it wouldn’t have disappeared then.

Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (Past)

As you can see, I described this now with Oracle of Ages (Past). I had originally thought this, but I put it in to help prevent confusion. I think Oracle of Seasons comes after A Link to the Past because you talked to the Triforce at the beginning of it like you could at the end of A Link to the Past. This also explains how Ganon was able to return in future games.

Link’s Awakening

This game comes after Oracle of Seasons because I think that Link is trying to get back to Hyrule after he defeated Ganon. While sailing back he runs into Koholint Island.

The Legend of Zelda

This game comes after Link’s Awakening because A Link to the Past is the prequel to The Legend of Zelda and the Link from Link’s Awakening is the same Link so this goes after those.

Adventure of Link

This comes after The Legend of Zelda because this is its intended sequel.

Oracle of Ages (Present)

This comes after Adventure of Link because Adventure of Link also has the Triforce not dwelling in someone so you can talk to it.

Ocarina of Time

This comes after Oracle of Ages because they both had Koume and Kotake, but she dies in Ocarina of Time. At the end of Oracle of Ages, we don’t know really whether their dead or not. We just see a bunch of shadows coming in and Ganon appearing. We know they died in Ocarina because they had halos over them.

There are two things I think I should talk about here. First is the way the timeline could be linear. I think that when Zelda sent you back in time, she sent you back a little before when you first draw the Master Sword. The Door of Time could have been opened by the Gods or Rauru just to let you out. When you go talk to Zelda, you don’t just talk about your quest. You also tell Zelda Ganondorf is coming to get her so she can escape. Here’s the confusing part. I think there were two Links between when you became a kid again and when Zelda sent you back. So pretty much while one Link is saving Hyrule, the other is not really known and probably not in Hyrule.

The second thing is how Ganondorf is now human. I think that maybe Koume and Kotake used a different method of bringing him back and he was human. He still could turn into Ganon when he needed, though.

Majora’s Mask

This comes after Ocarina of Time because it was meant to be Link searching for (possibly) Navi.

Twilight Princess

This comes after Majora’s Mask because of geographical evidence. It’s obviously not with Majora’s Mask, but with it’s prequel, Ocarina of Time. But this is only if you use the Gamecube map, though. The only significant difference I want to point out is the Zora’s River. I think that there actually are two rivers. You can see them both in Four Swords Adventures and A Link to the Past. I think one of the rivers dried up or got closed up by rocks and a different one sprung between these two games. When we go from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess, the before dried spring reemerged and the other one dried somehow. There’s also the fact the Temple of Time is still around. It’s in ruins now, but it’s still the Temple of Time.

Wind Waker

This comes after Twilight Princess because Twilight Princess isn’t covered in water (obviously) and it has the Temple of Time, so this isn’t one of those games that takes place after the flood like Spirit Tracks.

Phantom Hourglass

This comes after Wind Waker because in the beginning, it tells about how Tetra and Link met.

Spirit Tracks

This comes after Phantom Hourglass because you can find the grave of Linebeck.

Obviously, there will be disagreement with this. There always is. So tell me, what could I have missed? What confused you about it? But please, don’t say things like “Wow, you’re wrong,” “You must be stupid,” or “You must be 11.” Let me get something straight, I’m 15, I had all A’s last year, and how can I be wrong if there is no right answer?

Well first of all, of someone acuses you of being a certain age, therefore stupid, ignore them.

But as for the timeline itself, it is a little interesting. But I did find some problems. First is your claim that the Skyward Sword is the sword in the chest in MC. It has been confirmed that the Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword. So that means the Picori Blade HAS to be the Master Sword.

One thing that puzzles me, is why did you put pretty much all the games before OoT? I'm not going to get into split vs. linear debate, because other wise I'll be writng all night.

I think that is all I have to say for now.

SNOlink

Okay, I'm not always aware of what's confirmed or not, so that would explain the Skyward Sword thing. Also, there is nothing that really says that Ocarina of Time NEEDS to be near the beginning (at least that I'm aware of right now.)

Okay, I'm not always aware of what's confirmed or not, so that would explain the Skyward Sword thing. Also, there is nothing that really says that Ocarina of Time NEEDS to be near the beginning (at least that I'm aware of right now.)

There are several reasons why Ocarina of Time needs to be near the beginning. It creates the split timeline, on which most games lie. It shows Ganondorf's rise to evil power and the first time he is in possession of the Triforce of Power. Those are two of the main reasons, and there are many others.

The only games that can come before OoT are SS, MC, and FS, of which only SS is confirmed to be before OoT. All other games have certain elements that prevent them from occuring before OoT. If you have any questions about why a game cannot fit where you have it, ask.

Because the split timeline has been confirmed, to make a good timeline, start with this basis:

/--WW/PH--ST
SS--OoT
\MM--TP

Then go from there and place the other games where they fit best.^^

Sorry to tell you but any game with Ganon can't be before OOT because I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that OOT was the first Ganondorf.

SNOlink

I understand that the Split Timeline has been confirmed, but there was a article on Zelda Dungeons (like way long ago) that said the timeline was to be interpreted by the players. This is kind of ironic because of what you said about it being confirmed, but as a player, I have the obligation to believe what I want about the timeline. Also about Ganondorf first possessing the Triforce and rise in evil power, first in the Minish Cap section I sort of explain it. Second, there is nothing (that I'm aware of) that says these things are so.

...first in the Minish Cap section I sort of explain it.

Sorry, Four Swords Adventures section.

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I was going to write about the confirmation of the split timeline and how the differences within the games released since promote this, but since I see you ditched the 'earliest in the timeline' that was once said of OoT as a predecessor to LttP, I'll skip that part.

Two things stick out at me here. The first is the Master Sword. The sword's being given a 'birth', and has already been given a 'rest' where it'll sleep forever, which I have yet to see retconned out in re-releases of LttP. So to have it rest forever, only not, when OoT comes round seems a little weird to me. I've yet to see anyone go back on that, so it seems there's a definite 'point' where games involving the Master Sword are to take place.

The second is races. The races tend to make their own jumps and bounds as new ideas spring up and their necessary roles are highlighted, but some of them would really be jumping in-and-out of obscurity in this timeline idea. This includes the Gerudo who I doubt will be glossed over in SS, disband by LttP, but are a very prominent race by OoT. I can appreciate that not everything is important to a timeline when being placed, but there's got to be a line somewhere, even on an already disjointed point like this*.

The progression of the Triforce I'd be reluctant to accept, but other than the points where it inevitably disappears already (Four Sword series*), it works fine. Also the handling of the loss of Old Hyrule and the New Hyrule's introduction is solid, too. This is definitely an interesting one-timeline idea, and my concerns are mere kinks in the chain. Keep on at it!

*'disjointed' from the game dev side.

Yeah, it was one of the first thing confirmed about SS.

sorry about that, but i seriously seen more facts by others saying what Anouma and Mimoto said.(dont know if I spelled there names right) Its said there is a time split, and in ALttP, it says the MS sleeps forever. Also, Ganon was confirmed to be in SS. Oh and I like the ideaOracle of Ages in two parts, did you play OoS, I didn't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom