• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: "The Game System is Complete"

ssb-game-system-complete.jpg

When pinned down to talk about the next-generation Super Smash Bros., set to release across both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, director Masahiro Sakurai said that the “game system itself is complete,” but he and his team are still looking for ways to integrate more unique Wii U and/or 3DS features and round out the character roster.

Full article here: Sakurai Says the Game System for the Next Smash Bros. is Complete | GenGAME

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Article said:
As Mr. Sakurai said, “The GameCube controller is not the only way to control Smash Bros., so we will look into ways that fits the Wii U.”
The bolded part is a lie.

Anywho, great article. I'm glad to hear that the game system is complete (I believe this means physics and how the game will play out), still wanting to know the roster [obviously this information isn't completely settled on] and of course how expansive each version of the game will be.

As for characters, Mr. Sakurai thinks that it’s going to be important to preserve the theme of Nintendo characters duking it out first and foremost instead of representing the best of gaming in general. “I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic,” he said to IGN. “It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena. However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down.”
I really like this paragraph; it shows to me that Sakurai isn't going to place a bunch of third party characters in. If his comment about the roster size didn't allude to this as much, this comment definitely solidifies it.

All in all, can't wait for SSB4.

Now we just need to wait for the 2-3 years of balance testing and polish, and we'll have ourselves a game!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm glad Nintendo's going with a new control scheme. It's a very welcome change to the Smash Bros. universe, since Brawl, while good, was mostly a Melee clone with better graphics. Smash Bros. can actually move forward again with a new control scheme, and moving forward is what should always be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom