• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Rating

So far, what do you think SS's rating will be?

• EC for Early Childhood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E for Everyone

• E10+ for Everyone (10 and up)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • T for Teen

• M for Mature (17 and up)

• AO for Adults Only (18 and up)

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I used to say E10+, but now I'm more on the T side. The game just seems to have gotten darker, and with the ESRB cracking down on things like Animated Blood... One thing's for sure, though, it won't be E. I mean, even ST wasn't E. (For whatever reason.)

Animated Blood is an E10 level descriptor as well. OoT3D has such a rating.

I have a feeling that OoT 3D may not have been T due to the fact that people would have freaked out. I'm not saying it's true, but it's quite possible.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I have a feeling that OoT 3D may not have been T due to the fact that people would have freaked out. I'm not saying it's true, but it's quite possible.

If anything, I think the reason they kept it an E10 is due to the initial rating being an E, and the fact that what little animated blood there was tended to be either green or blue; very fantastic, not realistic. It also looked more fantastic than TP's more realistic approach.

I think if OoT had TP's graphics, it likely would have landed a T; the same will likely go for Skyward Sword.

Garo

Boy Wonder
That's what I'm saying. Because it was E before, moving up to T would have caused an uproar.

Definitely. But I do think that E10 is more reasonable than a T anyway; maybe my view is skewed because I played it as a kid.

Regardless, though, I don't see a T rating on any Zelda game as being a huge deterrent from people playing it; M, however, would likely turn some heads.

Seriously who ever voted AO for Adults Only (18 and up) is either trolling or is entirely stupid. I voted for E10+ for Everyone (10 and up) because of the fact that it has mild violence and minimal suggestive themes.
ESRB ratings said:
EVERYONE 10+
Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.

ESRB ratings said:
TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

I think there is a possibility for it to be rated T for teen but it is highly unlikely for it doesnt have any strong language, no blood but it may have some crude humor.

Look Here: Not Zelda, but...

logos.gif

...the above is a rating for Kingdom Hearts II, a game that features Disney Characters. By the way, it's Disney. Where I stand is that Skyward Sword will be given a T-rating, but I'm at 90% on this.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Look Here: Not Zelda, but...

logos.gif

...the above is a rating for Kingdom Hearts II, a game that features Disney Characters. By the way, it's Disney. Where I stand is that Skyward Sword will be given a T-rating, but I'm at 90% on this.

E10+ also got overused and abused when it first came out. The ESRB has also gotten stricter over the years. So what you're saying about it being T is probably right.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
It will either be an E10+ or a T like everyone has already stated here. Obviously it will not be M, because that would be incredibly strange, and probably turn many fans away, because it would mean a huge change in the way the series works. T would be acceptable because as Twilight Princess, the most recent console installment in the franchise, was rated T, it makes sense that they would continue with this pattern and make Skyward Sword share this same rating. Of course, E10+ is also a very strong possibility, since they have gone back to the cel shaded graphics from Wind Waker (which, by the way, I love to death.), which was a more cartoony game. Of course, it also looks more like Twilight Princess, and from what we've seen already, it seems like a more serious game than Wind Waker was, but it did share it's cartoon moments, such as that creepy guy licking Link......

So all in all, there's no real way to determine it at this point, but E10+ and T are both very likely ratings. We'll just have to see.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd say that T is the most likely rating. It DOES have a sllightly cartoony feel to it, but Ghirahim is making blunt death threats ingame as well! I doubt there would be any blood, but the game looks violent enough to garner that T rating. Remember that the ESRB doesn't base their opinion on the entire game, they just play short jaunts and judge from the material there. We know so far that enemies react from sword swings in a realistic manner, and the sword swings are realistic enough to suggest a little kid to think it IS real. So, just like I said early, I think the T rating is most appropriate for the game at least for now. If it makes E10+, I'll be amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom