• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword, Will It Be Game of the Year?

Z

zeld@

Honestly, I had gripes with every review that was low, not because they were low, but because the reviews were horrible. One of the reviews (can't remember who), said they gave SS the 8/10 because the controls were horrible to use with motion plus and that it failed to top a game-pad... which is a sentiment that EVERY other review not only disagreed with, but praised the game for its astounding and incredible motion controls taking the franchise, and gaming in general, to another level. Another review that gave a 80-89% said the game wasn't as good as some other games like wii music (someone's smoking crack). Another 80-89% reviewer literally told their viewers that they only played a few hours of the game and tossed it out of the way as fast as they could to play skyrim...

honestly, every score under 90% I take issue with, just because the reviewers said something completely out of line with the other 99% of reviews which means either they sucked at playing/using the game, or they're fanboys of another game and couldn't bring themselves to rate zelda higher than their favorite.

I'm in no place to judge the game myself since I haven't played it... but I certainly can look at what everyone is saying and then notice when someone says or does something that is out of line with the other 95-99% of reviewers, especially when the most prestigious reviewers all seemed to agree with each other that the game is a 100%, 10/10, 5/5, etc.

This is something interesting-
Portal 2 review average- 95
Arkham city review average-95
Skyrim review average- 95
Skyward Sword review average- 95
Though competition

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is something interesting-
Portal 2 review average- 95
Arkham city review average-95
Skyrim review average- 95
Skyward Sword review average- 95
Though competition

Wow, so many titles up for grabs this year that everyone seems torn on which one to nominate as the best.

*cough*SkywardSword*cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom