• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword topography

Where is the Volcano Summit in relation to the main volcano?

• Right behind it.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Off to the North East.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Unsure. More maps, please.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhere else, hear me out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In preparation for revisiting my topography theory, I've decided to take another look at the Map for Skyward Sword, but based on the tablet, this time. After taking a closer look, I realized that the details of the map are continuous, and obviously meant to be a whole. With this in mind, I oriented the map we are provided, in game, and even the maps of the playable game space, to the tablet.

Skyward Sword Tablet base 1.jpg

Skyward Sword Tablet Overlay 2.jpg

Skyward Sword Tablet Overlay 3.jpg

While some locations may fit better if I shrink them, I wanted to keep the scales the same. I also found that making two breaks at non-continuous transition points made it easy to split, and realign the maps.

I would also like to point out that the tablet only shows one temple in the Eldin region, and the in game traversal suggests that the second temple is directly behind the same volcano as the first one; the game map shows a second temple, across a lava field and a lava flow. We don't see those features in game, so I rotated the game map to match the play area.

This, to me, suggests a few things:
1) The Lanayru region, in this title, is closer to the Faron region than Previously thought (at least closer than I thought.)
2) There may be more distance than shown, between other non-continuous transition points, allowing the play areas to shrink further, granting a better feel of size.
3) Despite the desert being drawn closer to the forest, the map in game is relatively accurate, in distance from region to region.

• Wow
Reactions: Sal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom