• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword is Smaller Than Twilight Princess

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
on one of the recentley posted articles it says that The physical size of the world is smaller than Twilight Princess.

what does he mean by that does it mean that just the islands is smaller than twilight princess,or does he mean the world bellow the clouds:O

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The world below the clouds is a smaller physical space than TP's Hyrule, it takes so long to go through an overworld section however, the new condensed version of the over(under)world is much better!

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

SS have a smaller hyrule than TP but has much more gameplay with the overworld being a dungeon itself and the fact that you travel back to older areas to uncover new stuff later in the game.

Is anyone disappointed by this? TP was great but its overworld was pretty damn pointlessly big

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm disappointed – why give us a sectioned off Hyrule? Give us TP's Hyrule with STUFF TO DO. If you can do it for the Sky, you can do it for the Land Below.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'm pretty sure this world was intended to be smaller and more condensed. It's supposed to be full of content instead of barren like Twilight Princess. Hyrule field was pretty empty, there was no enemies and it was pretty devoid of any other features. This one from what we've seen is full of enemies and you have the promise of stumbling into dungeons. Backtracking will give us time to really look around and get to know the world, which is good since there's supposed to be lots to look at. I'm usually not a fan of backtracking, but hopefully there will be things along the way to keep us entertained. Another reason for the small overworld is the apparent lack of transportation under the clouds. As far as we know, the bird is strictly for flying in the land above the clouds. I expect warp points in between dungeon areas to compensate. Besides, if we had a mode of transportation, we might miss vital things that if we traveled by foot, we would have noticed.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Even if the exploratory regions of each province are smaller by themselves, the overall world is massive.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I'm disappointed – why give us a sectioned off Hyrule? Give us TP's Hyrule with STUFF TO DO. If you can do it for the Sky, you can do it for the Land Below.

They pretty much had to choose between doing a large, TP-type Hyrule, or a smaller, SS-type Hyrule. Can't have TP Hyrule with SS content, the Wii would not be able to store all that data. That's why I think that with Wii U Zelda, we'll be seeing a large Hyrule field like TP, but packed with content and places to explore, like SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom