• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword in HD on Wii?

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
Hello everyone! This has been a question I've been meaning to ask for some time, but I was wondering if there was a way to play Skyward Sword on the Wii in higher definition?

I've been skimming through some playthroughs and noticed some that were in 1080p definition, clearly tenfold better and less 'fuzzier' looking than what the game usually looks on the Wii. I'm pretty sure whatever high definition playthrough I saw was emulated on Dolphin with textures.. but I figured that it's worth a shot to ask. I read here and there online that there are ways to make Skyward Sword look better on the Wii (cables, etc), but I'm not too sure of that either.

Anyone able to shed some light? Thanks! :kikwi:

Note: If this is in the wrong section, sorry and feel free to move.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As far as I know there isn't a way to play games on the Wii in HD since the system wasn't designed to handle it. For all I know, though, I could be wrong.

I'm fairly sure the majority of the playthroughs you've seen were probably done using the dolphin emulator.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
That's a bit disappointing. I hope someone else can shed some light if there's a way to at least make the game play a bit more smoother and clearer in terms of graphics. Don't get me wrong, I love the game to bits, but I wish I could play it in better definition.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
I'm okay with having a Wii, it plays the games I'd otherwise wouldn't be able to emulate on my computer. If there was a way to even make the game slightly smoother, I'd love to know, since I've heard a bit about it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
There might be some way to mod it or whatever I don't know. Ninty hasn't been making good consoles as of late.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
Thanks for confirming that with me! Ah well, at least I know that what I have is as good as it's going to get, unless I emulate it (which my laptop wouldn't probably be able to handle anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom