• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD
Hey guys! I‘m new here, but not new to Zelda or SS. I wanted to share my thoughts. As for the price point, I’m agnostic about it. The market will decide if $59.99 is the right price or not. And so far, it seems to be that it is. Seeing its the best selling game of 2021 19 weeks before its release date. And those sells figures will continue to rise all the way through launch and then probably skyrocket once people can get the physical copies of the game.
As for being a hastily thrown together port, I dont buy this at all. Afterall, its made the jump from 480p to 1080p and from 30 frames a second to 60 frames a second. TPHD and WWHD are only 30 frames a second to compare HD to HD.
I think we remember it looking better than it actually was. Side by side comparison just of what they announced to the original really shows the difference.

I found this on YouTube and you can really see the difference I believe. They did work on texture models. I dont think they went as far as they could have with retexturing, because they didnt want to it alter the style direction of the game. I’m personally very very excited to make the purchase. Being, someone who purchased the original on launch day!

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
So I'm actually really excited about this, I was never able to complete Skyward Sword because the motion controls were annoying (also I lost the disc... :shrug:) I don't really see this being a terrible port, they have an option with no motion controls which is already a win, also the fps is going from 30 to 60 which I think is pretty decent. I haven't preordered it yet, but I plan on doing it sometime soon.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Hey guys! I‘m new here, but not new to Zelda or SS. I wanted to share my thoughts. As for the price point, I’m agnostic about it. The market will decide if $59.99 is the right price or not. And so far, it seems to be that it is. Seeing its the best selling game of 2021 19 weeks before its release date. And those sells figures will continue to rise all the way through launch and then probably skyrocket once people can get the physical copies of the game.
As for being a hastily thrown together port, I dont buy this at all. Afterall, its made the jump from 480p to 1080p and from 30 frames a second to 60 frames a second. TPHD and WWHD are only 30 frames a second to compare HD to HD.
I think we remember it looking better than it actually was. Side by side comparison just of what they announced to the original really shows the difference.

I found this on YouTube and you can really see the difference I believe. They did work on texture models. I dont think they went as far as they could have with retexturing, because they didnt want to it alter the style direction of the game. I’m personally very very excited to make the purchase. Being, someone who purchased the original on launch day!
Finally someone who gets it
The quality upgrade alone is enough to justify purchasing this version
Skyward sword was cursed to be such a beautiful game released in only 480p

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Site Staff
I think I'm on the fence about buying it at all. The motion controls didn't really bother me too much with the original. The button controls for HD are intriguing, and I think it would be nice to experience SS in full HD, and also being able to play it on the go.

But $59.99 USD for one game is a bit on the hefty side for what looks like merely an HD Port. If there is some extra content added to justify this price range it would be more acceptable, but at the moment it seems odd to me. To put things in context, the Limited Edition bundle of SS on Wii was only 10 dollars higher back in 2011 and it had a lot more to offer. If you bought the base game on the Wii you paid 49.99 USD, and now 10 years later you will paying a little bit more just to play it again. They shoild honestly make a bundle with the SS Joy Cons and make it a good deal, and then I'd feel better about the purchase.

Chevywolf:30

The one and only.
I think I'm on the fence about buying it at all. The motion controls didn't really bother me too much with the original. The button controls for HD are intriguing, and I think it would be nice to experience SS in full HD, and also being able to play it on the go.

But $59.99 USD for one game is a bit on the hefty side for what looks like merely an HD Port. If there is some extra content added to justify this price range it would be more acceptable, but at the moment it seems odd to me. To put things in context, the Limited Edition bundle of SS on Wii was only 10 dollars higher back in 2011 and it had a lot more to offer. If you bought the base game on the Wii you paid 49.99 USD, and now 10 years later you will paying a little bit more just to play it again. They shoild honestly make a bundle with the SS Joy Cons and make it a good deal, and then I'd feel better about the purchase.
I'm getting it regardless, but this would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom