• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Goddess

Something just doesn't gel with that goddess chick, and than it hit me. What if she isn't a goddess? Not a true goddess anyway. Maybe she was the first person to touch the Triforce and became a kindhearted, all-powerful ruler. We know that she created Fi, or to reiterate: she made life. And she raised Skyloft over the clouds and turned said clouds into an impenetrable barrier. Sounds like someone who had the power of the gods. However, unlike the three goddesses mentioned before, she directly interacted with the world. This was uncharacteristic of Hylian gods.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's possible that she may not have been an actual goddess, but it's also just as possible at the same time. There's not really much to say either way, which is what makes it so questionable. We'll just have to see when the game comes out.

Is this goddess' model the same model hidden in OoT that was unused (blue fairy)? Looks like a modified version of it. The way she talks reminds me of T-Pain :P

Well, Zelda is...eh, nevermind.

If anything, Hylia could be classified as a lesser goddess. As lesser gods are usually revered to a god[ess]'s status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Djinn

and Tonic
I have gotten this impression as well. She is very different from the typical Goddess model used in the previous games. So I have assumed that she could have been an early user of the triforce or something along the lines of the sages of TP.

Twilight_Sages.png

Demise remarks that her original form was much more impressive than her current one. This along with Rauru's original statement that the ancient sages made the temple of time to protect the triforce form others makes me think that she might have been the first real sage that protected the land. They seem to hold a large amount of power already even without using the triforce. Sheik in OoT also makes a statement that sages will awaken when the land is in danger. So Hylia's protective role points to this possibility.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I have gotten this impression as well. She is very different from the typical Goddess model used in the previous games. So I have assumed that she could have been an early user of the triforce or something along the lines of the sages of TP.

Twilight_Sages.png

Demise remarks that her original form was much more impressive than her current one. This along with Rauru's original statement that the ancient sages made the temple of time to protect the triforce form others makes me think that she might have been the first real sage that protected the land. They seem to hold a large amount of power already even without using the triforce. Sheik in OoT also makes a statement that sages will awaken when the land is in danger. So Hylia's protective role points to this possibility.

Hm, I guess you're making sense. But Sages wouldn't wuite have the power to create figures such as Fi. Or, as far as I know. The sages in OoT and TP didn't actually do anything, they were just.... there. The only "sage" that had any actual powers was Zelda, or better refered to as Hylia.

Djinn

and Tonic
Hm, I guess you're making sense. But Sages wouldn't wuite have the power to create figures such as Fi. Or, as far as I know. The sages in OoT and TP didn't actually do anything, they were just.... there. The only "sage" that had any actual powers was Zelda, or better refered to as Hylia.

A few of them seemed to hold a few interesting abilities, like creating the bridge to Ganondorf's castle out of light, opening the door of time and then sealing it shut completely. Most actual showings of their power is rare since that does not leave things to the player to solve the problems in the game. They are almost always shown to be somewhat immaterial and can teleport or fly. As well as communicate over longs distances telepathically. Zelda had a much greater level of control over time travel in OoT. They were usually the ones credited for creating most of the more interesting things around Hyrule like the Temple of Time, Door of Time, Master Sword, many of the magical and mechanical weapons Link finds, and the stone guardians in TP. But in SS almost everything futuristic and magical is attributed to Hylia. Even the Goddess Sword and Fi, which does act very robotic at times. Even the ancient robot race mentions her often near the mining facility.

"Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm..." — Rauru
"So, the ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones." — Princess Zelda

The part where Zelda said that she went to the three temples to pray to the gods before entering the gate of time reminded me a lot of the sages of WW. They had to pray to the gods to recharge the Master Sword in a similar way. She acted more like someone who was a user of the god's power than someone who used their own. The origin story told at the beginning of the game said she used the triforce, and most previous games said that the ancient sages protected the triforce. This is why I think she might be a sage charged with protecting the triforce at that time.

I thought she helped with the creation of the Triforce?

The three Golden Goddesses - Din, Nayru, and Farore - created the Triforce. Hylia's role was more of a protector of the Triforce, as Djinn mentions. To be frank, you'd have to be very strong, and have a close affiliation to the Golden Goddesses to be granted such a task, which is why I ascribed the label "lesser Goddess" to Hylia.

Imo hylia is a lesser goddess that expended most of her power sealing away demise who was her demonic near-equal. by the time SS rolls around she has about the same active power as a sage but still has the divine spark that demise needs to regenerate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom