• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyloft, Later

Yeah When I first played TP which was a couple weeks before Skyward Sword came out, my first impression of the City in the Sky was that it was what would become of skyloft years later. There's even a theory that the OOCCOO may be the desendents of the SkyLoftians. Those citizens of Skyloft who stayed behind evolved into a flightless bird... why I don't know, but is that any more crazy than the Zora's evolving into the Rito....

Wouldn't it make more sense if the Ooccoo evolved from the Loft birds as opposed to the Skyloftians? Given intelligence by the gods to create the City in the Sky from what remains of Skyloft?

Spitballing here, but who knows?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Maybe it never did come down. Maybe, over some time, it became the island in the sky in Minich Cap where the wind tribe lived. After all, the entrance to the palace of winds does have some loftwing looking bird head statues...
Palace_of_Winds_Entrance_(The_Minish_Cap).png

After that maybe it turned into the city in the sky found in TP

Cromishe

Arin Hanson's used napkin
Well it could have been turned into 2 things,it could have caused a crater making lake hylia,zelda is hylia a godess they would have named it that because skyloft came down with a statue of the godess.thus getting the name lake hylia.or a more reasonable answer,the city in the sky, in Tp someone talked about skyloft inhabbiting people.so there.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wait a minute there, if we combine the theories of Lake Hylia = Skyloft crater and Skyloft = City in the sky then we get the suspicious connection of the city in the sky being above lake Hylia, two seemingly unrelated places suddenly connect-

Though I admit this is very speculative

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wait a minute there, if we combine the theories of Lake Hylia = Skyloft crater and Skyloft = City in the sky then we get the suspicious connection of the city in the sky being above lake Hylia, two seemingly unrelated places suddenly connect-

Though I admit this is very speculative

But the City in the Sky is above Lake Hylia, because the cannon that shoots Link into the sky in Twilight Princess is in Lake Hylia.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Are we certain the CitS is directly over Lake Hylia? Does the cannon shoot you completely vertically? How can it have formed the crater yet still be in the sky?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Are we certain the CitS is directly over Lake Hylia? Does the cannon shoot you completely vertically? How can it have formed the crater yet still be in the sky?

It doesn't, now that I think about it, but it does send you into lake Hylia when you exit the dungeon through the cannon, so the Lake coordinates is programmed into the cannon, and the connection is still there, and the crater thing was less of an "impact" crater and more of a "leftover" crater, I mean, when skyloft was sent skyward, it left lake Hylia as a crater

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom