• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skipping Class

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Forgive me if this has been posted before. xD And see, I can make threads..

Now, according to my friends, I skip a lot. xD But I skip class on a more logical sense. I don't ditch to go to the mall or anything; I usually just go study or do homework in the library. If I find that the class I'm about to go to is pointless, then I don't go. I have a lot more productive things I could be doing with my time then watch a useless documentary for an hour.

There's also the time's I skip when there is a school event going on. This is just skipping for fun. For example, there is a Valentine's Day dance at school on Friday. Now, instead of paying to sit through a school dance for two hours, or go to an empty classroom, my friends and I are all skipping and going out for pizza. It's harmless skipping.

So, fellow ZDers, how often would you say you skip class? And for what reason? Have you ever gotten caught?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've skipped before. Though, usually it's for a good reason, such as skiing on a powder day (srsly, powder days only ever occur on weekdays, like why :kawaii:). Or, if there's nothing going on that day, I just stay home. Mostly, though, I tend not to skip. Skipping is bad people. Don't do it.

Though, I will admit, a few weeks ago, my friends and I decided to say screw it to school and we ended up just hanging out downtown! It was fun, but we missed a test that we forgot about, which we later had to write during a precious lunch hour...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I've never skipped class before ever. I'm too scared to, and it's way too easy to get caught in my school. I've never had any reason to skip anyways. I have debated skipping class before though. It was mostly because I was too scared of confronting someone though.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I never skipped in high school because if you had three or less absences in a class, you didn't have to take the final. I wasn't going to skip a day, then get sick later and have to take Mr. Orvin's AP English final (which he advertized having a 14% pass rate).

In college I skipped a fair amount of class. Less as the years went on because classes had 8-15 people in them and professors started caring whether I was there or not. Now that I'm in graduate school, I never skip. This ****'s expensive. I'm getting what I paid for.

I know when my students skip. It's pretty obvious when they're not there. I build accountability clauses into the syllabus. If you think you can get away with not coming every once in a while and not get torched eventually on a test or major assignment... be my guest, it's your grade, not mine.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I only "skip" because I get sick. Occasionally I'll skip of my own accord because screw the rules (actuly have stuff to do).

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Never once have I skipped. I take pride in my obedience :D No but seriously I've never just skipped school, and I doubt I ever will.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I've skipped, like, 3 times in my life :P All this year in first semester grade 11. I've gotten some pretty bad influences :rolleyes: *coughsadiacough*

The first time, my confidence wasn't really high. And I was too afraid to confront someone. I was terrified they would get mad at me. So I skipped and felt really guilty.

The other two times, I didn't feel as much guilt. I don't remember why I skipped. I might have skipped once to avoid a quiz, but I don't remember writing a make up quiz, so I'm not sure about that :hmm: They both weren't because I felt like it, or because we won't be doing anything in class, but I think it was because I failed to complete a task at the right time, so I skipped and went to the library to finish it off.

I knew that once I would skip, I would start to rely on that, so I'm trying my best to not fall back to skipping this semester. It's a pretty bad habit, and it makes me feel bad.

Well, at least I didn't listen to Sadia's constant nagging for me to skip, or else I would have skipped like 10 times xD

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Near the end of senior year, I kind of gave up. With my Drama teacher being gone and my grade in next-period Spanish being all but finalized, I spent what time I should have spent in those classes in the computer lab. As for college courses, I skipped about 6 history classes after we'd finished the last test, even though there was still a few weeks in the semester, and oddly enough there was no final. I did forget to attend a few, but that mainly had to do with a particularly annoying callout where I had to completely re-do someones office because they wanted to move the computer tower 2 feet to the left.

Near the end of senior year, I kind of gave up.

I had about three times as many absences senior year than I did with the rest of high school. Didn't care, hated the people, was bored silly, things like that.

I only skip in college when there's a huge test coming up in a difficult class. I'll usually skip political science in the morning so I can study for calculus in the afternoon.

Other than that, college is expensive. If you're not paying a dime for it, then I guess there's not that incentive there, but I definitely have it. What money I did get from parents was given on the condition that I make an honest effort and keep my grades on an acceptable level.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I hated school, I really did. I am glad that is over. But while I attended, I really didn't skip that many classes. I only did thrice or so, and I got in trouble with the principal every time. XD But, I didn't care, I was cool, and he was an awesome principal. Instead of giving me detention or having a talk with my parents, or some other form of punishment, he usually just sent me to the gym to shoot hoops. XD

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I skipped school a couple of times this semester. The first time was because I was having such bad anxiety and I needed to clear my head. The second time was to go to Starbucks and get a Chai Tea Latte and sit in there to finish my homework.

A lot of people are probably saying that I have skipped a lot of school this semester and I'm lazy. Honestly, I'm not skipping. Yes, I have missed a lot of school this semester but most of it was because of my anxiety and depression.

However, I have skipped my second period class most of the time. Mainly because just being in or even near the room gives me such bad anxiety that my heart rate and blood pressure go up, I start shaking really badly and I cry out of the blue. I have a lot of bad memories with the teacher that I just can't seem to get over.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For two different periods of my life (or tecnically three).

First was towards the end of elementary school, as an act of rebellion. I was severely bullied in school and the teachers did nothing no matter what I said, so by the end I was so tired of being ignored, of them just letting it go on, that I started to act out, everything from yelling in a teacher's face (or the principal on occasion) in the middle of a crowded schoolyard to walking out in the middle of class (yes, there was a teacher present to witness it) to leaving school one, two or sometimes even three hours early (depending on how severe the bullying had been that particular day). The sad part was that I completely got away with it, and the only reason my parents know about it is because I told them about it some years later. My theory is that my teachers probably realized that they had brought this rebellion upon themselves by ignoring my every plea for help for so many years...

Then in high school, I would sometimes skip out early on a friday so that I could take an earlier bus home. I went to high school in the neighbouring town and was only home on the weekends, and I didn't really do it all that much, so I both had a decent enough reason and it didn't affect my schoolwork.

In college lectures weren't mandatory (at least not when I was studying computers), so I would sometimes choose to sleep in instead. Strictly speaking I wouldn't view it as the same thing as skipping, as I wasn't required to actually turn up for lectures, just to do my assignments and learn enough to pass my exams. So what I didn't learn in class I had to make sure to learn on my own. In one case my computer tech teacher (who for some reason assumed that all of us knew how to build our own computer, yet found it necessary to explain in detail how to set up a very basic html-page - and sadly even then my classmates turned to me for help after class) was kind of hopeless and failed to give me sufficient answers to my questions, and I just found myself giving up on the subject as I didn't feel I got anything from attending the lectures and doing the labs (which mainly consisted of following a step by step process laid out by him yet nowhere in the lab did it explain why we were doing it, what the results meant, and what I was supposed to learn from it).

Clank

Hmm
I have skipped twice(three classes), the first two were because I was going on a trip to OK, the last one was because the teacher made me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom