• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sin & Punishment

Any one play the Sin & Punishment games?
For those who don't know, Sin & Punishment is a rail-shooter developed by Treasure and published by Nintendo. The first game was a Japanese release only for the Nintendo 64, until 2007 when it was imported through Virtual Console for the Wii. Now in 2010, there is a second game: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii.

I find the first Sin & Punishment to be rather addicting, and it's the only game I've been playing as of now, so I made this thread to see if anyone else plays the series.

To those who have played, what's your favorite boss and favorite stage from any of the Sin & Punishment games?

For those who have not played, are you interested in getting any of the games?

(let's try to have some discussion here instead of one-liners, please [noparse]>.>[/noparse])

I've Played the second one at best buy, and I have to say it's pretty awesome. I might get it sometime.

The Game is freaking crazy. There's like, 100 enemies on the screen at the same time!

Sin & Punishment is in my top 5 N64 games as of now. I love it because of how hectic it gets. You only have one weapon that turns frmo a gun into a sword. That alone is a reason to buy the game. It's also arcade style, so highscores quickly make competition amongst you and your friends. The story gets insane, but very fun to follow. Despite how frustrating the control is initially, when you get the hang of it, you can quickly clear out a whole front line of enemies in one swift few seconds.
My favorite boss in the game is probably the Panther thing in the last level you play as Saki (to my knowledge). It has this laser mask that temporarily blocks attacks, and then it shoots two firballs. At first, I couldn't beat it because of it's immense HP level. However, I eventually found that by hitting it with the sword, it could fall down a pit and lose more HP. It still returns, but it certainly helps in battle. I also love some of the creativity, such as a boss only being able to be hit at certain times (NOT when he reveals a blaringly obvious weakspot, which makes it fresh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom