• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Wii Get a Second Zelda Game?

Should Wii get a second Zelda game?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! go to Wii U directly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I

Internetfan15

I say yes because the N64 got 2 games (OOT, MM) and the Gamecube 3 (WW, FSA and TP). Wii only got SS and together with the Super Nintendo they are the only 1-Zelda-game consoles.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well technically the Wii already has 2 Zelda games: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, so I say no. Plus with the WiiU coming out at the end of this year, I want the next Zelda game to be on the WiiU.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
No, because Wii already got two Zelda games (Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword). BTW, none of Nintendo's home consoles had only one Zelda game (unless you don't count Satellaview games).
GameCube had The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures and Twilight Princess
Nintendo 64 had Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
Super Nintendo had A Link to the Past, BS Zelda Map 1&2 and Ancient Stone Tablets
Nintendo Entertainment System had The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link

Big Octo

=^)
No, because if you count Twilight Princess, there are two. Also, this is the Wii's last few months, so there wouldn't be any time to actually develop a good game.

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
I say it already has 2... SS andTP you can't say Tp was a Gc game... it came out on the Wii first... at least I think it did

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Actually, it kinda already has two games: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (even though TP is technically a port from the GCN).

Now, to answer the question. No. There's not enough time to develop a Zelda game to follow up Skyward Sword with the short amount of time before the Wii U is released, which is this year.

Rachel

be vigitant
If I can remember correctly, Skyward Sword was the last big release on the Wii, or at least one of them. So, to answer your question, no I highly doubt it.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
You DO realize that TP is on the Wii as well, right? So your argument is absolutely void from the start. Other than that, the Wii U is gonna be out pretty soon, so it would be kinda pointless to all of a sudden start making a game for a console that's about to be replaced. So no.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
this year or next, wii U will be on shelves, and nintendo is already developing a zelda game for wii U. But as long as there is a new zelda game then I don't care what it is on.

Last edited:
No. There should not be a second major Zelda game released for the Wii. Skyward Sword was already pushing it five years into the system's lifespan. At this point, it's pretty clear that its mainly just the Operation Rainfall RPGs and then peace out for the system. also, the Pokemon Company may choose to heavily support the system after the release of the Wi U as they are currently doing for the DS. Now that fans are salivating to see the graphics of the E3 2011 Tech Demo yet again, there is no returning to Standard Definition.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I don't really care about a major game on the Wii (though it would be cool). Only a remake of one of the classics. Like Zelda 1. Sadly there isn't a lot of time to develop it. The Wii U is coming out later this year. A big new game iin the Zelda series should go to the Wii U though.

I

Internetfan15

Some people say that the Wii got 2 games because of Twilight Princess. In this respect the Wii "technically" got 7 games.

Legend of Zelda - Wii Virtual Console
Adventure of Link - Wii Virtual Console
A Link to the Past - Wii Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time - Wii Virtual Console
Majora's Mask - Wii Virtual Console
Twilight Princess - Wii DVD
Skyward Sword - Wii DVD

Very nice, and what about the Gamecube?

Legend of Zelda - Gamecube Collector DVD
Adventure of Link - Gamecube Collector DVD
Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - Gamecube DVD
Majora's Mask - Gamecube Collector DVD
Windwaker - Gamecube DVD
Four Swords Adventure - Gamecube DVD
Twilight princess - Gamecube DVD

Also 7 releases for the Gamecube, it's a tie!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I say it already has 2... SS andTP you can't say Tp was a Gc game... it came out on the Wii first... at least I think it did

Well, technically I believe Twilight Princess was supposed to be on the Gamecube, but with the Wii coming out they wanted a major game release title so people would be more willing to buy the Wii despite the game coming out on the Wii first compared to the Gamecube.

Wii release: Nov. 19, 2006
Gamecube release: Dec. 11, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom