• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Overall Combat Battle Speed Increase?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Except as I said OOT's later enemies can do much higher amounts of damage. Iron Knuckles can do about 5 hearts of damage and Ganondorf can do about 4.

Iron Knuckles were basically minibosses and Ganondorf was a boss. I'm talking about normal enemies. And, again, these enemies have slow-ish attacks that are incredibly easy to dodge. It's basically a trade-off, but it's a rather lame one if you ask me.

By the way, Ganondorf takes off 3 hearts. 1/2 if you have the silver-lined hearts.

...silly mistakes can cost allot of hearts in this game.

That goes for both OoT and SS, but especially SS with the higher damage ratio of normal enemies.

Kirino

Tatakae
Silly mistakes can cost allot of hearts in this game.

Same for SS. If you made even a small mistake against Technoblins and had your attack blocked, you would get shocked. If you hit a skeleton warriors sword, he counterattacks. There are much more examples.

Anyways, this thread is getting really off topic.

Same for SS. If you made even a small mistake against Technoblins and had your attack blocked, you would get shocked. If you hit a skeleton warriors sword, he counterattacks. There are much more examples.

Anyways, this thread is getting really off topic.

Agreed. As I mentioned before, I don't think increasing the speed of combat alone will change much of anything in the series in the long run, aside from perhaps the reaction times of the players. More variation in combat would help matters as well as increasing speed, however, is another story.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
The use of skills in TP like the shield attack should play a more important role in combat. The battle speed in WW was fairly quick and thats what made it great! so yes they should speed up the battles!

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Yeah, I hate WAITING for the enemy to attack so you can do it back, or when they do phases where you cant hurt them, I mean seriously a real fight is nt like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom