• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Skyward Sword Be Moved to "Project Cafe"?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Quite honestly I would say no. I'd rather it be on the Wii simply because of the fact that I own a Wii already and that I don't have enough money to randomly drop at any given moment to pay for a new system. However if they were to do like they did with TP and release it on BOTH the Wii and Project Cafe, then I'd be alright with it. That way people who can buy a new game system for this game, could do so and for those of us who are unable to do that can simply keep get the Wii version and wait until they have enough money to buy the new system. In all instances, I much rather it not be a Project Cafe exclusive game. Otherwise I won't be able to play it for many years down the road when I actually have enough money to spend on both the game and system.

Djinn

and Tonic
I was uncertain about this until I read an article a month ago that mentioned that moving TP to the Wii was a hugely successful move on Nintendo's part. Rather than have one last title on a dying system that few would wish to buy (this was the story of MM, a late release rarely does well) They instead decided to have a strong mainstream title for the release of their new console. Without which, the Wii would have had too weak a lineup of games on release for fans to be interested in buying it.

But really, this game is centered around motion controls. The control scheme has been a huge aspect of the development of this game for years. And based on the current rumors of the Project Cafe controller this might not be possible. It is rumored to be backwards compatable with Wii games and uses the wiimote with those, and if this is true then there is no need for a port at all. SS will still be perfectly playable on the Project Cafe and still require the same controllers to function. Then it seem like Nintendo can only improve the graphics alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom