• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Rosalina have her own game?

I don't know about that ...Wario Ware is definitely a spin-off of a spin-off. But ... I don't consider DKC a spin-off. It's a completely different direction from Mario games, considering the only participation DK ever had was as a villain that throws barrels.

DK Jr was a spin-off, because it was similar enough to the original Mario Bros, but DKC took an entire different direction, invented its own universe and everything. Mario doesn't even exist, so I don't know if I'd consider it a spin-off.

Although, I don't know the criteria we're using, so maybe using a different definition, you're right.

DKC actually is a spinoff. Cranky was confirmed to be the barrel-throwing DK Mario fought in the original Donkey Kong. The DK in the DKC games is his grandson.

And spinoffs can always go in a completely new direction- Watch_Dogs is a spinoff of Assassin's Creed, yet the two series couldn't be anymore different in terms of gameplay and story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom