• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well the title of the Game IS Legend of Zelda, so it leaves space for link to die and pass on the triforce of courage to the next main character. It's possible but I for one won't want him to die.

umm like i just said, Link does die and he passes on the Triforce to another hero who just happens to be called Link.

also, incase no one ever noticed, the character is never really named Link in any of the games. you always input your name and thats the name that shows throughout the game. so unless you name your character "Link," he is never really even a character in the game.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well if link died, that would end the series. The only reason for doing that is if they could not come up with any other Zelda games, and that would really suck. So I hope Link doesn't ever die. Go Link!

mewtwolord

Hello World
well i toatly go against my friends idea of link dying in a game and link has to collect pieces of his soul and to make it all worse he said link only gets 10 days before he dies for good and i told him thats stupid and the days part is from majora s mask

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
sorry if i sound like a broken record, but, uh, LINK DOES DIE.

there are different Links in each game (with the exception of Link in OoT/MM, ALTTP/LA, ??LoZ/AoL??, WW/PH).

with that in mind, obviously Link eventually dies from old age or something, leaving room for a new hero to step forward sometime after the orignal hero has passed away.

You are a broken record. One that can't be fixed. Apparently.

Okay. I'm repeat myself for the last time in this thread.

This thread is not about all the numerous times that he's died over the years. In every game whatsoever when you can't keep yourself alive.

This thread is about what if Nintendo literally took his character out of the game. Not some cheap death where you die, or hell, it could even be in game and part of the storyline. It's about if they killed off Link in the storyline and left the game to continue. Should they kill him off in the storyline?

Or bring him back later, while you play as Zelda, or Ganon, or somebody for a while.

Anybody get it?

Terrible idea Josh.
Zelda does not need a new protagonist, end of story. One of the core Zelda themes is the epic battle between Link and Ganon/dorf.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You are a broken record. One that can't be fixed. Apparently.

Okay. I'm repeat myself for the last time in this thread.

This thread is not about all the numerous times that he's died over the years. In every game whatsoever when you can't keep yourself alive.

This thread is about what if Nintendo literally took his character out of the game. Not some cheap death where you die, or hell, it could even be in game and part of the storyline. It's about if they killed off Link in the storyline and left the game to continue. Should they kill him off in the storyline?

Or bring him back later, while you play as Zelda, or Ganon, or somebody for a while.

Anybody get it?

if that is what the topic of this thread is then that should have been a lot more clear. the title shouldnt be "should link die?" the title should be "should link be replaced/taken out of the series?"

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
No no NO. It will change the zelda series. Maybe an end credits that shows Link dying but then Zelda heals him or something. They can save that when they retire the series for good*which they probably wont I hope*

Zero

The Vanished
Well, this is an interesting topic, because I believe just recently a similar argument was being fought.
"No, Solid Snake CAN'T DIE! It's called Metal Gear SOLID!!!!! Where do you think the SOLID comes from eh? Snake dying would ruin the series!"
But I don't think I'd like to see Link die (in game). Perhaps they could use a boring "Link got captured and thrown in a dungeon" plot device to remove him from the game while not removing him from the series.
More possibly, they could do a Snake and Raiden relation, where Link is still IN the game and he keeps doing what he's doing, but you don't PLAY as him.

Either way, they should make a Zelda game where you play as Ralph, that would be so totally amazing.

Claire

The Geekette
Well, this is an interesting topic, because I believe just recently a similar argument was being fought.
"No, Solid Snake CAN'T DIE! It's called Metal Gear SOLID!!!!! Where do you think the SOLID comes from eh? Snake dying would ruin the series!"
But I don't think I'd like to see Link die (in game). Perhaps they could use a boring "Link got captured and thrown in a dungeon" plot device to remove him from the game while not removing him from the series.
More possibly, they could do a Snake and Raiden relation, where Link is still IN the game and he keeps doing what he's doing, but you don't PLAY as him.

Either way, they should make a Zelda game where you play as Ralph, that would be so totally amazing.

You mean as if though they would flip-flop and Link would be captured and Zelda had to save him? A little untraditional if you ask me, but I prefer the idea of a courageous hero saving the beautiful princess.

It has been in the text of the games before, that if Link were to fail and die - that Ganon would succeed and the damage would not be able to be changed. They also said Link shared the bloodline of royal knights of Hyrule, and that (I believe) was the last one to carry their bloodline.

I

imthemailman

well think about this if you played as zelda it could actually be a very good spin off like come on who doesnt want to play sheik? o come on you all know you do

Claire

The Geekette
well think about this if you played as zelda it could actually be a very good spin off like come on who doesnt want to play sheik? o come on you all know you do

It would be rather awkward having Zelda come after Link, seeing as she isn't the one with the triforce of courage. She may be wise, but how could she manage to be courageous enough to actually put forth a plan to try and save him?

I do not think Link should die, or anything she be flip-flopped. I think everything is quite sound, but then the question remains: How should the series end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom