• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Should I Get the GCN Version?

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Either way you are getting a good game, but since you I think you should buy the Wii version. I think this because you will not find a new GCN Twilight Princess, all of them will be used. (I don't buy used games, I don't see why anyone would, but thats just me.) You can find new Wii Twilight Princess anywhere.

:) Thats really the only reason I think you should buy Wii TP, also the controlls work well on Wii and you will never know the game is mirror-d while playing, it feel natral.

I think many people forget that the Gamecube version of TP is the original version, and the Wii is the emulated version of the game. Personally for me, I enjoyed the Gamecube version far more because of the controls. Wii just felt awkward and at times it was difficult for certain moves to be performed because of the way I was sitting. (Wii makes me far to lazy).

I personally see no replay value in twilight princess. But if you want to play both versions, the reversed map wont throw you off too much.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have the GCN version, and I highly recommend it if you can get it.

It's the better version of TP, mostly because it was originally developed for the Gamecube. I also find the controls more familiar and less cumbersome. It also doesn't have those irksome things like the sun rising in the west and a right-handed Link, which discouraged me from getting the Wii version.

The Gamecube version actually DOES support 480p, just like the Wii, if you have a Gamecube with the Digital Out, and the component cables. It also supports that mode if you play it on the Wii. It looks just as nice as any Wii game, IMO.

Yeah I would recommend getting the GameCube version. Maps and right-handedness aside, you can't parry or charge your spin in the Wii version, and the motion controls for the sword are sometimes unresponsive, not to mention it was developed for the GameCube and ported to the Wii at the last minute.
Also, the GameCube version is more challenging, especially the Ganondorf sword fight, but I wouldn't spend extra money on it, unless you can afford it. I am trying to trade the Wii version in for the GameCube version myself.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yes. the GNC version is really fun. beware though, in the GNC version, left is right and right is left. nobody knows why this was done.

We do know why this was done. It was done because it would be weird to hold the wii-remote in the right hand, and link in swinging his sword in his left hand. And to make the gameplay even, they mirrored the world in the Wii version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom