• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should i Buy an n64 for oot and mm

Should i get an n64?

im a big fan of ocarina of time and majorus mask like most people here but should i try to get a n64 to play these games or should i just use retro arch and SoH
please tell me

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You should just emulate them. Unless you're really committed to playing the games on original hardware there's no reason not to use something like RetroArch instead.

ok thanks its just if using the n64 controller helped with the experience also would i play the og versions or the 3ds versions

Chevywolf:30

The one and only.
ok thanks its just if using the n64 controller helped with the experience also would i play the og versions or the 3ds versions
I'd say 3DS for OoT, original for MM. The 3DS version of OoT was much more enjoyable for me. I've never played the 3DS version of MM, but I know it adds a bunch of useless stuff that takes away from the experience. I have played the N64 version of both OoT and MM on the Wii U Virtual Console, and OoT was a pain but I actually really enjoyed MM.

twilitfalchion

funky fresh beats
Emulation is the easiest answer here, and in the case of ports, Ocarina's even been given a PC port that fixes some things like the original's poor frame rate. That said...

Honestly, your best bet is to go for a 3DS for better value. Both games are on it and go for decent prices anymore. We're getting to the point now where retro hardware is chancy to pick up due to sheer age, so if you want something that will last you longer and won't give you a headache to make sure it's in reasonable condition, a 3DS will give you more bang for your buck.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Definitely go for 3DS for OoT. MM I’d definitely say try to go for original if you can. As others have said, emulation is probably your best bet for both. For reference, I own an N64 as well as multiple physical copies of both games, and usually I just emulate MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom