• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Should "3 Days" Be Worked into the Marketing Campaign?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can't say whether they'll do something exactly like that or not (doubtful, since 500 points alone is already almost enough to get Platinum Membership), but I think it's pretty much inevitable that Nintendo will use "Three Days" as some sort of marketing technique. Whether it will work with stuff like Club Nintendo rewards, or it will simply be a way to increase hype for the game, Nintendo has been known in the past to use elements of the games they are releasing to assist in their marketing campaign.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think a great, but rather - no actually very risky - tactic would be to start the marketing phase within 3 days of release.

Have an obscure video surface on the Internet showcasing small 10-20 second clips with each progressing one revealing more and more. Eventually people get the picture and rumours surface. Over those three days, it goes viral (much like the Fallout 4 rumours). Basically let it spread through the Internet and word-of-mouth. With the world we live in, it takes seconds to launch a successful marketing campaign. Sure it would be risky, but people want the game and if they released it around the holiday season then people would have money too.

Beyonce did it with her album and it was a huge success, not saying it's a tactic that should be replicated by everyone, but I thought it would have been very unique for this particular game (given how a such a large portion talk about it so much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom