• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Tristan on a scale of 1-10 how certain are you on Mido's suspicion? Is Moonstone high or low on your list?
Not very certain actually. It's more of a "well that's interesting, I'll keep an eye on you" than a "Well that was suspicious". The fact that he hasn't posted yet since my last post though is noteworthy, though he could be busy. As for Moonstone, she's leaning town for me at this point. She's been quite helpful and analytical, and very active. She's actively scumhunting, which is good.

Mido

Version 1
I'm just not a huge fan of killing people because they're going to be modkilled in general, as I find it's sort of an easy way out, in a sense. Of course, this is coming from someone who didn't propose much of an alternative haha, but to be fair I have been quite busy lately. I only really support it when it's the end of the day and nothing else is going to happen, which was the case yesterday. Most mods grant a little bit of leniency on Day 1, so it wasn't 100% certain that there would have been a modkill.

I see your point. Sounds about right.

I do find it interesting that you bring this up though, considering you were involved with the lynch yourself. I can't help but think that maybe there being no scum on the lynch is only what you want us to think?

I'm glad you brought this up, actually. The fact that the lynch had so few members I felt was going to send heat coming my way, and while I know where I align, I can understand at a basic level why my move was shady, and heck, it was. Lo, hindsight's kicking me in the shins right now! XD

Storm said:
@Mido How is Deku reading for you right now?

Regarding DekuNut, I tend to have a scum lean on him from the start, which is not good practice for conducting any sort of read as a general thing (I sort of do the same thing with Vergo in mafia games, except as town, but as I said before, it's not very good practice). His serious play has only begun to show in recent posts given the longevity of the RVS this time around, and at first impressions, it doesn't seem he has taken any definite stances yet in spite of his activity level. His read of Moonstone, while I agree with it, appears to be what could become the consensus read at this time. This could be a slight case of confirmation bias holding me down at the moment, so I look forward to see more of his reads. I feel a touch similar about Libk, but much less so. On another note:

@Toxic_Snowman What do you think about the circumstances surrounding myself and the Minish_Link lynch?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
If Mido is actually innocent do you plan to hold it against me no matter what or are you still open minded? I think I've been very fair in my assessment of him. To be fair, his activity is a little suspicious.

Like I said, I personally think it'll be relatively polarized. That's just my opinion. I won't immediately hold it against you, but I'll definitely look into the situation harder if it happens.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I know its too early to ask, but as of this post, who are your top 3 to Lynch. And moreover the debate on whether Mido is our best choice for Lynch or not. I know im quite the target myself but i am going to take an interrogative output this day, as i have little to add Fact-wise... Youd think i have something to add, but its moreover just...

I find it fascinating Tristan looks Like Sherlock. Or did. Oh well. Suppose ill go to bed. Not much else to add today.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Looking back at votes, I notice the joke votes on RNG abd Pendio.

@Tristan , @Toxic_Snowman , did you guys ever intend on making a serious vote at some point in the day or did you feel that no lynch would have been better than a lynch.

It just strikes me odd that all those votes are spread out yesterday. We've definitely got mafia among there somewhere unless mafia just didn't vote. Because of that, I'm looking at the two who have the least serious votes.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I guess I would say that currently my top three lynch candidates are

1. karu - just because she's new doesn't mean she isn't mafia aligned. Her defensive attitude could be seen as newbish however, when I was new, I was still very excited to talk even if it painted me in a bad light. She was a little active day 1 but has not posted even once today. If she was at least making an effort I wouldn't feel the way I do about her.

2. Doc - again very inactive and in my past experiences with him as town he was quite active. Maybe he's just busy though.

3. Mido - because he's the only one we have evidence on really of those at least as far as I can tell. Of course his evidence can be twisted either way. I do think it's possible he could've been set up.

We have a few days left but I do think it's time to get things rolling. I would like the newbie to be more active so she can learn from playing. If she wanted to learn by watching she can read through older games.

Vote : karu

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I agree with your reasoning and perhaps the greenhorn should be put in the open
Vote: Karu

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
karu - 2 (Moonstone, Storm)

Not voting - Libk, DekuNut, Mido, Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, karu, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Doc

With 11 players alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, December 1st 2016 at 11:00 PM CET.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm not entirely convinced about Karu. I feel like her actions have almost entirely noobie vibe. Even so, I don't have any other suggestions, so I'll go looking for them... maybe...
by the way, finals are next week, so sorry if I get kinda quiet, both in this game and elsewhere

Moonstone

I'm not entirely convinced about Karu. I feel like her actions have almost entirely noobie vibe. Even so, I don't have any other suggestions, so I'll go looking for them... maybe...
by the way, finals are next week, so sorry if I get kinda quiet, both in this game and elsewhere

No prob. Thanks for letting us know. Before you get too busy I hope there is more action for you to comment on. I'll do what I can to stir things up.

karu

Panamaniac
I'm not voting yet cause I haven't read every single comment and I don't want to falsely accuse someone. I will vote when I've collected more data, plus school's keeping me crazy busy @Moonstone :) ...wuv u

Moonstone

I'm not voting yet cause I haven't read every single comment and I don't want to falsely accuse someone. I will vote when I've collected more data, plus school's keeping me crazy busy @Moonstone :) ...wuv u
When you get a chance can you post a list of the players in order of who you feel is most suspicious? Even if you're wrong there are no hard feelings in mafia. or shouldn't be. ill beat up anyone who gives you a tough time for it.

Mido

Version 1
Hmm, I've got to say, while I am mildly suspicious of Deku, we seem to be on similar wavelengths on these early reads. I view karu in a similar way; however, if we entertain the possibility that she is scum, I wondered about a possible connection to Johnny.

Johnny Sooshi said:
I think @Moonstone was wondering because Mido already has 2 votes on him and tbis makes 3. Not having a reason seems rather beginner-ish, but it's also fair to suspect that a more experienced scum teammate could suggest this play as a way to get a more solid vote on Mido.

This post in particularly caused my wondering. He outlined very real possibilities emerging from her vote on myself, but the way he presented it led me to consider if he was also justifying her move? At the moment, I think this is unlikely, and also leans on the notion that karu is Mafia as I previously noted. Right now, I don't quite think karu is Mafia, but I can see where the concern lies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Looking back at votes, I notice the joke votes on RNG abd Pendio.

@Tristan , @Toxic_Snowman , did you guys ever intend on making a serious vote at some point in the day or did you feel that no lynch would have been better than a lynch.

It just strikes me odd that all those votes are spread out yesterday. We've definitely got mafia among there somewhere unless mafia just didn't vote. Because of that, I'm looking at the two who have the least serious votes.
I have a lot going on with school and stuff, so even though I was reading, I was just gonna let the day play out. When the day started getting serious, I wasn't really around, so I wasn't super involved in the goings on. I am hugely against No Lynches on Day 1, but I don't usually participate in Day 1 lynches unless there's a serious basis for suspicion on them, or I just want that player out of the game for one reason or another. I had no reason to cast a serious vote, thus I didn't. I actually would've removed my vote on Pendio, but I hadn't even looked at the thread before Twilight occurred after my last post, more than a day prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom