• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Second Quest is Amazingly Hard.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I remember having beaten it as a kid, but cannot remember... how...

I recently got into playing Second Quest on the collector's disk I've been borrowing for a while now. I played through the first quest to get to it, so I have that fairly fresh in my memory for comparison.

I've so far made it to the fifth dungeon - after much arduous labor. All I can say is YIKES.

Enemies that didn't originally show up until the fifth dungeon or so show up in the second freakin' dungeon.

My path has been strewn with Darknuts and Wizrobes. Oh, and the Bubbles are interesting - the first quest had the flashing ones that take away your sword for a few seconds. The Second Quest features red ones that take away your sword PERMENANTLY until you either start your game over again or run into a blue bubble. They are often strewn in among tough enemies like Darknuts in a ratio of three-red to one-blue - and the suckers move quick.

The 8-bit era may have graphics we laugh at now, but the CHALLENGE is nothing to laugh at.

Anyway, anyone brave LoZ Second Quest and want to talk about it?

This quest is a nightmare. The farthest I've gotten to, I believe, is only past the second dungeon. And that was with the walkthrough on ZD. I tried looking for the other dungeons by myself, since the ZD walkthrough for the second quest is incomplete, but I had no luck at all. I just gave up with it.

They really did make this quest harder. Not only were the more dangerous enemies introduced earlier in the dungeons, some of the enemies were made stronger and given different attacks. Then they also rearranged the entire overworld so it's hard to find a source of medicine or find Heart Containers and the different swords.

I should probably try to beat the rest of this quest some day.

Epona

Ordon Village
I've beaten the second quest, but only by looking up the locations of the dungeons and some of the maps of the inside of some dungeons too. I would never have found some of the later dungeons on my own without looking them up. The more I play though I start to memorize things more, but there's so many enemies too! And less caves with rupees, that makes it a lot harder to buy the items you need early in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom