• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sacred Realm in Skyward Sword?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
In Ocarina of Time,we were given a backstory of the creation of Hyrule.The Goddesses created the land and left behind a symbol of their power,the Triforce.The Triforce was then hidden away in the Golden Land,or the Sacred Realm to be exact.So this pretty much states that the Triforce is stored in the Sacred Realm after the creation of Hyrule.However,Skyward Sword creates a problem w/ this
SPOILERS

In Skyward Sword,Link's last mission was to obtain the actual Triforce itself.The Triforce is stored in the Sky Keep dungeon.When he approaches a section where a Triforce piece is held,is he actually getting teleported to the Sacred Realm?
At first glance of the area where Link gets transported to,the first thought is 'Silent Realm'.However,if that's the case,then why has all the terrain around it changed to inside a small room?I thought when you enter a Silent Realm,all the surroundings are suppose to be the same as the area where you entered it w/ the exception of random gates those weird puddles.
So where exactly is Link being taken to when he's about to nab a Triforce piece.Is it some type of modified Silent Realm or is it actually the Sacred Realm?Or could the Silent and Sacred realm actually be the same thing altogether?

ZeldaTheories

Zelda Theories
Well, I'm sure that Link DIDN'T go to the Sacred Realm, because it is said that the only person that went there was consumed by Darkness (Ganondorf).

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I found recently something very interesting related to this

tumblr_m4c3hn5Gnq1rw70wfo1_500.png

How about that? What do you guys think, I think it's just a design nod

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I found recently something very interesting related to this

tumblr_m4c3hn5Gnq1rw70wfo1_500.png

How about that? What do you guys think, I think it's just a design nod
The original idea was for Link to jump off a very tall tower. I don't know whether the decision to switch to floating islands came before or after the story was developed.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I think the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm.

Following Link's demise in Ocarina of Time, the sages confine Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm with the Triforce. By the time of A Link to the Past, his evil has corrupted the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. When Link visits the Dark World, it is very similar to Hyrule except for a few changed parts of the landscapes.

When Link is shown a vision of the Interlopers by Lanayru in Twilight Princess, he sees the Triforce hovering in a grassy area that could be anywhere in Hyrule.

Then in Skyward Sword, Link goes into these "spirit worlds" called the Silent Realm, which is very similar to Hyrule but with a few changes to geography. It is protected by powerful guardians bearing images of the Triforce. Finally, he obtains the Triforce himself by entering Silent Realm-versions of the rooms he's in.

So connecting all three things, the Sacred Realm seems to be a "spiritualized" version of the physical world of Hyrule. Link's two confirmed encounters with the Sacred Realm are very similar to his intersections with the Silent Realm. Since the Triforce exists in the Silent Realm, that alone should be proof that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Following Link's demise in Ocarina of Time, the sages confine Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm with the Triforce. By the time of A Link to the Past, his evil has corrupted the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. When Link visits the Dark World, it is very similar to Hyrule except for a few changed parts of the landscapes.
LttP says that the Dark World only mirrored Hyrule because of Ganon's wish on the Triforce. There are also mixed messages regarding it becoming whatever whoever enters it wants it to, or something.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
If that's the case, what happens if two people enter it? Is it like having two architects inside a dream in Inception? The only confirmed appearances of the Sacred Realm have looked like Hyrule. No matter what Ganon wished, it's the best we have to go off for now.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OoT said:
If you would seek the sacred
triangle, listen well...
The resting place of the sacred
triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a
mirror that reflects what is
in the heart...
the heart of one who enters it...
If an evil heart, the Realm will
become full of evil; if pure,
the Realm will become a paradise.
Yeah, I asked those same questions when I saw this. LttP makes more sense - individuals transform to reflect their heart, while the Realm only transforms to meet the wish of whomever touches the Triforce. But OoT is more recent, so that complicates things.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The triforce is moved to the sacred realm to protect it from the greedy. It probably will be moved there soon after the events of skyward sword. Whether it is the same place as the silent realm, I'm not really sure because if each goddess has their own silent realms and there are other ones in skyloft then they are probably not the same as the sacred realm from OOT.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
In OoT it's indicated that the Sacred Realm exists outside of space and time or is possibly synonymous with the Temple of Light. The reason this leads me to believe the Sacred Realm is not the Silent Realm/s is because although they share this property, the Silent Realms are basically in the same surroundings. However, the Sacred Realm seems to exist entirely seperately from Hyrule.
Plus, the triforce was not yet sealed in the Sacred Realm during SS, because the Hylian Civil War had not happened yet (immediately prior to OoT because it is Link's mother's injuries from the war that lead to him being orphaned as a Kokiri). It is then that the sages sealed the triforce away in the Sacred Realm. It is only because Ganondorf (the incarnation of Demise's hatred) sought the triforce for himself that the events of OoT have to occur and Link is sealed away in the Sacred Realm/Light Temple for seven years and Ganondorf gains access to the triforce.
Therefore, circling back, the Sky Keep is not part of the Sacred Realm either, it is just where the triforce was being safe-guarded at the time (but there was no need for it to be hidden then because the people on Skyloft knew nothing about the triforce at this point). Presumably it only became part of folk knowledge after SS.
LASTLY, my own theory. Link uses the master sword to lock the door of time and unlock the Sacred Realm and get to the triforce in OoT. So, maybe the Sacred Realm is in the gap between time- which fits with the evidence that the Sacred Realm exists outside of space and time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom