• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rounded Ears Theory

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Actually in Europe Medieval times it wasn't uncommon, actually the current Stigma of its seen as wrong came from those times, because all the royal families had alot of inbreeding/ cross breeding only with other royal families. This lead to medical problems how ever, but its not like you get f-ed kids after 1 or 2 generations.
Yeah, the royalty tended to be that way...I didnt know it was considered wrong back then though. Sounds like that was the commoners judging the government like what has been happening forever. Judging and making fun of the government I mean.

And I was kinda joking about the kids with one arm. The medical problems dont show up right away, but meh.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I mean to say thats where modern notion of it being wrong came from. Not that it was seen as bad back then.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Royal families across history feature lots of inbreeding, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume this holds true of the Hylian royalty

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
felipe970421 said:
Royal families across history feature lots of inbreeding, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume this holds true of the Hylian royalty
True true. But still...I hope they're civil enough to marry cousins, NOT siblings. It's still sick and wrong either way though...

The Jade Fist said:
I mean to say thats where modern notion of it being wrong came from. Not that it was seen as bad back then.
I see...

I thought it simply had to do with a regional trait that the ordonians shared, I mean from what I can tell Ordon is a young province in the kingdom of hyrule, maybe they people there were isolated from the rest of the world until recently.

For examples of those living around Hyrule with rounded ears in OoT, Mutoh and the Carpenters, and Guru-Guru.

Also would like to note that in both OoT and TP, the starting area has Link living among rounded ear people, the Ordonians, and the Kokiri (not human).

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
That might be it. But in general, the elf- eared are called Hylians, and the rounded eared ones Humans. The difference between these two? It think it's the part, where Hylians were people/folk chosen by the Goddess, as Humans, in my theory, might be just a branch of Hylians, which are somehow discarded from the REAL Hylians. And I know it sounds most that-doesn't-make-any-sense- likeish, but I do have a point here, but it would take AGES to tell my theory, I might post it here one day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom