• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
How many of you have seen this move? How enjoyable was it for you? I absolutely loved it today even after seeing the original four 1970 movies a few years ago and not understanding them when my dad waved it on front of my face hehe.
The CGI effects were amazing, but I personally loved how revolution and apocalypse somehow mixed together the whole movie. I can't tell you how many times I jumped in my seat seeing apes go apeshi...you know the word...on people when escaping that primate shelter center. ^^

It is a shame though that it also turned out to be a pandemic movie, its just unnerving to see blood coughing and airports mixed together. >.<

I thought that the movie was well done. It isn't the motion picture of the year, by far, but it was a very entertaining movie. Part of me feels like the whole movie could have been understood and grasped just by watching the trailers though...

the cg alone was fantastic. but the performance was even better! I was a little worried when hey started communicating but they kept that minimal....

Going into the movie, I had only seen one of the Planet of the Apes movies, and I didn't remember much about it other than the twist ending. Having said that, Rise of the Planet of the Apes felt like an incomplete movie. It works as an explanation of Planet of the Apes' backstory, but I don't think it works well as a standalone title.

I thought the ending was rather anticlimactic as well.
The only real antagonists in the movie were the guys running the ape shelter, and they were taken out before the movie's climax. By the end of it, you've got sympathetic human characters and sympathetic ape characters, and there's not really any team to root for. If you know Planet of the Apes, you know which side wins out, but that doesn't even happen during the climax, the humans die out from an infection they created which is shown spreading during the credits.
I wasn't too impressed with the CG either, having been spoiled by movies like Rango (which I admit has some amazingly ugly characters, but they are also amazingly rendered), but it served its purpose.

It did make me want to watch Planet of the Apes again, though. I'll give it that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom