• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Revealing a crush

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
In the past, I was quiet often in the awkward situation in which a person admits a crush to me which I don't reciprocate. But, I've always admired the honesty that came from coming forth, and the bravery the person had to admit their feelings. While it's a little awkward at first, I still was flattered by the affections held toward me, which ultimately strengthened the relationship I had with them. I think being honest with the people you really want to keep in your life is very important, and I highly value those who will tell me what they really feel, and respond to them in kind, even if it may cause further awkwardness. I would trust them to continue being my friend as I had continued being theirs.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Well when it comes to after-the-fact, I think circumstances are a bit different. In fact, I've had conversations with girls (three separate ones, to be exact) where we tell each other that we liked each other. Mind you, this was years after the fact, but we had a good laugh about it, and we are still friends.

I mean, we did the whole "Oh no! Really? Why did you never say anything?" bit. But in the end, it doesn't matter because it was so long ago. But I think that if it's after the fact, it shouldn't really ruin relationships.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I haven't had the personal experience of awkwardly revealing a crush and being turned down, but I have seen it happen. My best advice is don't get really drunk, start crying and tell them you've been in love with them for years.
I don't think revealing you've liked someone for a while is the best way forward, just ask them out for drinks or to a movie or something, just the two of you. If it's going to happen the it will happen naturally from there. If it's not going to happen, you'll know after the date.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
I don't crush on people all too easily, but when I do, I'm pretty damn frank about it lol. In fact, I'm pretty awful at flirting, too, because I'm not subtle. My flirting is about as subtle as a punch in the face. So yeah if I like someone, chances are I'll tell 'em straight, and if they don't feel the same, then k cool. I'll move on. I just don't really have the patience to sit around and think about it and fret and get all self conscious.

That said, of course there are times where I won't like, say, the other person is already in a relationship, so then I'll prob just not say a thing. And if the person is a bit more on the quieter side, I try to respect that in my approach. But approach, I shall. Or if I'm friends with that person, I'd be more picky about it because sometimes these sorts of things can alter that friendship in ways that cannot be reversed, and in some cases, fixed if it later breaks. Some friendships are not worth losing, ever, not even for my fuzzy feelings of curiosity and affection. In THOSE cases, I'm likely to just accept quietly and move on.

Have I ever admitted to someone else how I've felt? Yep. Have I ever been successful in establishing a date. Yep! Have I also been turned down. Yep haha. Comes with the territory in just being honest in that regard. But being shy and quietly longing for someone just doesn't suit me at all.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I was kinda mad at myself for not saying anything with my first crush (and only so far), but thinking back to it, it was probably better that I didn't. But when I do get another one, I don't think I'm going to let myself hide it like I did that one as long as it sounds like a good enough idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom